Restocked with White Oak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Trimmed the live oak trees in the yard about 6 weeks ago. I saved all the limbs 1"-2.5" in diameter, cut those down to about 1' logs. Put them in a wheel barrel under the carport. I finally got around to trimming them down into chunks for my propane smoker. (I needed the wheel barrel for the garden! LOL! #motivation). The chunks will need a few more months to dry, but will dry faster now that they are in chunks. I keep the lid cracked 24/7 while it is drying, and roll it out in the sun with the lid full open when I think about it working out in the yard....
IMG_20230301_174107.jpg

The smoker wood box refilled...now I need to cut up the remaining hickory and pecan I have and I'll be set.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky