Resting pork shoulder over night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
So I know resting a brisket or Beef Ribs overnight in a 150 degree warning drawer is no issue, in fact many prefer it. I’m going this tonight with some beef ribs, can I rest a pork shoulder along with it? I’m gonna wrap both in Saran Wrap to keep moisture and then I’m warming drawer at 150-155 until tomorrow afternoon. I know it’s great for the beef, anybody see any issue or have experience doing this with the shoulder as well?

Should be no problem, Never held one that long, but I don’t see any downside, other than the bark will soften up.
Al

I've kept a shoulder wrapped in foil and towel in a cooler overnight and it was fine the next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky