Reporting For Duty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tngrillguy

Original poster
I've never been too good at this kind of thing so I'll keep it brief.  I'm a mountain man up here in East TN who lives off the land as much as I can.  I'm ex-military with a healthy dose of reality as to why one never asks Uncle Sam to do something for them.  A tour in Panama helped confirm that!

Never liked the idea of paying for something I could build and like my steak cooked with the dirt brushed off the horns.  Raise some of my own pork, poultry and cattle and freshen the taste up with my own garden.

I'm not a survivalist or militia member; I just don't like to depend on society to tell me how to do this and that; who I should like or dislike; nor how to live or die.

I originally hail from Oklahoma and now currently live so far back in the Clinch Mountains that they pump in sunlight!  :)  I do foreclosure inspections out here now and code Linux on the side.  Side note:  the Flash on here is a bit hectic (running Firefox) and didn't calm down until I switched to Source and cleaned it up.

I am converting a barn into a house and thought what kind of home would I have if it didn't have a damn good BBQ area?!  So, I put up my first post and will keep everyone abreast of its status and eagerly look forward to input.

If you are interested in anything give me a holler and if you're in my area and I can ever help don't be shy!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us.You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Sometimes our spam filter catches newer members posts and they won't show until a Mod/Admin approves them which I just did for your other thread and it's now showing up.

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you on this side of the holler.  Say hey to the Clinch Mountain Sacketts for me.
beercheer.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome friend,thank you for your service.your living my dream,but I married a city girl and she would fall apart with out modern conveniences.

Welcome to SMF- looking forward to seeing some qview from you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky