remote thermo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gopat

Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Howdy,

Just got a new Dyna Glo propane upright smoker and a remote thermometer, I am just wondering where to run the wire for the probes

looks like the door seals too good and possibly cut the wire, could go down the damper hole in the top or drill a small hole in the side

any suggestion?

Thanks

Many go down the top vent, there is also nothing wrong with drilling a small hole. It won't affect the smoker to any noticeable degree. Also, a modification that is popular on WSMs is to drill a hole and use a brass lamp nipple. That way it can be capped to close it off when not in use.

I'm not too familiar with your smoker, but on my GOSM gas smoker I've always taken the probe wires through the damper vent in the top.  Works great, and I didn't have to do any drilling or mods to make it work.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky