Reheating stuffed peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Going to a gathering this weekend and want to take bacon wrapped stuffed peppers. Do you think it would work to smoke the peppers at home, put in a covered pan to transport and reheat on a gas grill or in the oven before serving? Wife thinks they might be a little soggy after resting for about an hour.

Last edited:
Going to a gathering this weekend and want to take bacon wrapped stuffed peppers. Do you think it would work to smoke the peppers at home, put in a covered pan to transport and reheat on a gas grill or in the oven before serving? Wike thinks will might be a little soggy after resting for about an hour.

Any chance you have an air fryer? Does wonders for reheating things

Reactions: chopsaw
Those things are so good I doubt anyone would care. You could always cook about 3/4 of the way. Then use grill or oven, just to crisp up bacon.

For leftover ABT's
Microwave on mid setting to warm is acceptable.
Micro until warm and broil finish is better.
Fresh is best.

In your case, you just need to heat them back up and wake-up the bacon. I'd think a rack on a sheet pan in the oven would work fine.

i worry and have more issues with dryness than sogginess, and prefer reheating them in a roasting pan with some water to steam. can hit the broil button at the end if you want some crispiness

Interesting question, if we have leftovers I just nuke them. But I would like to hear what the outcome is for whatever you choose to do.
Al

Reactions: 912smoker
Like Al, I would just Nuke them to reheat, but I'm not picky & I reheat a lot of stuff in my Nukulator.

Bear

Reactions: 912smoker
Thanks everybody, great ideas buttttt. I have decided to do candied bacon instead.
Stay safe
Stay healthy
Dale

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky