Reheating pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kdfiter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
Wi
Hello all
I'm smoking a pork but for the wife's work party ..I'm smoking the day before and my question is how does everyone reheat there pork butts ..should I pull it apart then put it in a pan and reheat in the oven for the next day or keep it whole then reheat ..then pull apart

When I do it I reheat in a roaster pan on low with lots of moisture so it doesn't dry out but Im sure a oven would work also

I will pull and discard any fat and unedibles, apply finishing sauce, put in a foil pan w/cover,and put it into a 170* oven.It should not dry out w/finishing sauce,if it is a little dry apply more sauce

I will pull and discard any fat and unedibles, apply finishing sauce, put in a foil pan w/cover,and put it into a 170* oven.It should not dry out w/finishing sauce,if it is a little dry apply more sauce

I was thinking of having sauce on the side ..should I spray it down with Apple juice then put in the oven ..it's a 9lb butt should I put it in the oven a he before I leave or longer

If you are saucing on side you will need to add moisture while reheating apple juice and some finishing sauce will work fine don't put on too much. I use an acv finishing sauce without any complaints from anyone. I always make pp or ribs a day ahead and foil and reheat, this allows me time to spend with my guests and I know every thing will be perfect.I would experiment with making a finishing sauce and rib sauce w/acv it's amazing how the taste of acv dissapears and just brightens the flavor.You can put it in oven at 170*-200 just adding moisture when checking every hr.you want it moist not swimming.

I have never had a need to add anything else- apple juice or finishing sauce to PP. Even after re-heating. That is as long as you don't throw out any of the original drippings and juices. That stuff there is the best for keeping it moist than anything else. Just incorporate it back in after you have separated out the fat and "undesirables" and are pulling it. Add as much (all of it) or as little as you like at that time, but just don't throw it out!

After pulling my pork butts, I vacu-seal them into meal portions. Then when I want to reheat, I toss the package into a pot of boiling water. I take em out after 10-15 mins. I'm not a big fan of microwaves.

What I’ve done in the past with good success is wrap the whole butt in two layers of foil when it’s done and place in an aluminum pan. This all goes into an oven the next day to reheat. Then unwrap and pull in the aluminum pan. The juice that accumulates after wrapping and cooling helps keep the pork moist. I also use a finishing sauce when pulling.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky