Ref; White Cheddar Cherry Fattie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
So I've been musing this idea and I really need input. I want to do this for an X-mas Fatty to bring over..just white cheddar shredded off the block. Then some chopped up Maraschino cherries.

I can't figure out if this is a good or bad idea. Is the flavour combo going to be poor? Do you think I need some very mild stuffing in there to help hold it together?

Maybe a sweet potato hash or mashed sweet potato with a cherry salsa filling.

Chris

That combo doesn't sound good to me, but I've tried a lot of things that didn't sound good & tasted awesome!
Hope yours does too!!!
Al

The combo sounds interesting. Are you using ground beef/pork or sausage?

I’ve never made a fatty but a fatty consisting of ground turkey, your cheese, dried cherries or cranberries and some stuffing rolled up in a bacon weave sounds holiday-like to me.

Then slice and drizzle some gravy on top?

I’m just shooting off the top of my head here.

Ooh good point, dried cherries would be better. Maybe I just like to eat maraschino cherries.

I'll be using ground pork sausage, I got 12 ounce tubes at 1.29 each, which is as cheap as ever so I snagged two specifically for a fatty to bring to my aunt's for Xmas.

The hash idea sounds good too..

Man ya'all gave me to many ideas! Not help narrow things down! LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky