Ref; Voting on Wisconsin meet up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold smoking cheese or Cold Smoking Cheese+Some brewing?

• Cold Smoking Cheese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cold Smoking Cheese with Brewing

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Alright first off; I ask only Wisconsin people vote on this.

I've been going over possibilities and I believe the easiest thing to do would be just meeting up to cold smoke some cheese. We're all close to cheese places here, and I know most stores carry decent quality cheese. Since this literally just requires at most, a grill and the AMNPS, I feel confident in a solution in this scenario for meeting up some where is just booking a sight at a campground. Locally I was thinking High cliff; but I'm looking for other recommendations.

The SECOND Choice would be a meet up to cold smoke cheese, which for those unaware, takes ~4 hours. I figured we could take use of this time to shoot the bull and make a batch of Mead or Cyser. This one would involve people chipping in to buy the honey etc. We'd also need to meet up at a house where we can leave the fermentation bucket for a while. I can try to arrange that to be at my home if necessary <though I'm a bit unsure how my dog would react to her safe territory having strangers, this is my major concern. Hate for her to snap at people the whole time>.

Cast your votes and we can further refine the plan folk! Personally I'd love to get a batch of Mead or Cyster going and this time next year meet up to do another batch and sip on last year's batch, etc etc. I'd also like to see if we can figure out how many might show up for the first meet up, maybe figure out if we want to make it an all day thing and get some food going so on and so forth.

Tom I like the fact your being really proactive with your Wisconson gathering! That’s what it takes!

I was just talking to stan today about getting another small gathering or two going next year in addition to the fattie contest.

Keep at it brother! It’s all worth it in the end!

Scott

Tom I like the fact your being really proactive with your Wisconson gathering! That’s what it takes!

I was just talking to stan today about getting another small gathering or two going next year in addition to the fattie contest.

Keep at it brother! It’s all worth it in the end!

Scott
If you guys weren't literally a day of driving.....be nice to get cross state meet ups, especially with the cooler weather, camping is on the cards. Long as them Mosquitos stay away!

I hear yah.

I’m just trying to get through the chili cook off and then it’s all hunting for me. Busy season is about to start. I don’t like to make to many plans from October to January.

Reactions: 73saint
I hear yah.

I’m just trying to get through the chili cook off and then it’s all hunting for me. Busy season is about to start. I don’t like to make to many plans from October to January.
I hope to see some good pics from hunting still. If we do the Cyser or Mead I plan to bring some over to MI next year for the at night fun.

Sounds good tom!

Hopefully we will have some days worth taking pics. Not sure I’ll ever beat this pic from last year on the Detroit river.

449F75C3-A703-425C-9EF2-95658CF806CF.jpeg

Hooper the Wonder Dog at her finest.

This pic is my favorite pic of Hooper. Shot some golden eyes and bluebills this day. And Hooper looks like she’s posing for the pic like a champ! But she’s not posing at all! When I was taking this pic more ducks starting flying in and she was looking past me at the ducks! Lmao! Waterfowl is all this dog cares about!

Sucks she tore her acl the day after this years fattie contest and can’t hunt this season....

Sounds good tom!

Hopefully we will have some days worth taking pics. Not sure I’ll ever beat this pic from last year on the Detroit river.

View attachment 376856
Hooper the Wonder Dog at her finest.

This pic is my favorite pic of Hooper. Shot some golden eyes and bluebills this day. And Hooper looks like she’s posing for the pic like a champ! But she’s not posing at all! When I was taking this pic more ducks starting flying in and she was looking past me at the ducks! Lmao! Waterfowl is all this dog cares about!

Sucks she tore her acl the day after this years fattie contest and can’t hunt this season....
That picture oughta be framed some where in the Barn man! It does suck, but if all else you know she's a darn good dog to have around people if she can't get back to hunting like she used to.

Now I can honestly say Scott..I can't see Scout posing that pretty LOL

Lmao! No sir scout ain’t gonna pose like that! But the Wonder Dog is in a class of her own.

Hoop will be ok. We’re waiting on surgery. Gonna see if it’ll heal up in the next 8 weeks without surgery. Have the best acl guy in the state less than an hour from me. Huge bonus. And the guys I train with want me to take her to Kentucky to a real big wig acl Guy. I’m hoping it’ll fix itself with rest. But regardless she’s gonna be ready next season.

Lmao! No sir scout ain’t gonna pose like that! But the Wonder Dog is in a class of her own.

Hoop will be ok. We’re waiting on surgery. Gonna see if it’ll heal up in the next 8 weeks without surgery. Have the best acl guy in the state less than an hour from me. Huge bonus. And the guys I train with want me to take her to Kentucky to a real big wig acl Guy. I’m hoping it’ll fix itself with rest. But regardless she’s gonna be ready next season.
I hope it goes well too, she's getting to that age for dogs where I worry more.

She’ll be 6 in December. Sucks to lose this season as she’s in her prime. But she has 3 more years left at least after this one. Dogs exceptional. If she can’t hunt I’m not sure she wants to live. It’s all she cares about. My whole place “Wonder Dog Ranch” was named after her. Hooper the Wonder Dog is one of a kind.

My buddies dad (rick) told me when he met hooper that you only get one great hunting dog in your life and Hooper was it for me. I told him I really had scout trained well and she was coming to Arkansas with us last year. He said no, and demanded Hooper go. Said he wouldn’t go if I brought scout. Lol! Needless to say hooper went!

She’ll be 6 in December. Sucks to lose this season as she’s in her prime. But she has 3 more years left at least after this one. Dogs exceptional. If she can’t hunt I’m not sure she wants to live. It’s all she cares about. My whole place “Wonder Dog Ranch” was named after her. Hooper the Wonder Dog is one of a kind.

My buddies dad (rick) told me when he met hooper that you only get one great hunting dog in your life and Hooper was it for me. I told him I really had scout trained well and she was coming to Arkansas with us last year. He said no, and demanded Hooper go. Said he wouldn’t go if I brought scout. Lol! Needless to say hooper went!
LOL Oh come on. Scout is a great dog, but I can see what he means. Less hunting dog, more family dog. I'll try to bring my dog next year, if she gets along with Scout I bet they'd play all day.

When you get scout in a blind she’s all business. Tough to tell when you meet her in the back yard. She’s actually a really good hunting dog. She just doesn’t have the drive old Hoop has.

F1C3C8E5-40AB-48F0-9A15-90B948881397.jpeg

She’s focused when we’re hunting. Here she is scanning the skies from a few rows deep in the corn.

565FD1A9-BBF8-4012-A53D-CE49F0A7B985.jpeg

And here she is with the payoff. Pretty big goose considering scouts 75 pounds.

When you get scout in a blind she’s all business. Tough to tell when you meet her in the back yard. She’s actually a really good hunting dog. She just doesn’t have the drive old Hoop has.

View attachment 376862
She’s focused when we’re hunting. Here she is scanning the skies from a few rows deep in the corn.

View attachment 376861
And here she is with the payoff. Pretty big goose considering scouts 75 pounds.
Fair enough. I know your wife almost got mad at her for jumping up on me, but that was all my doing. I'm always the guy who tries to get dogs in his lap ill regardless of their size. <My friend can testify that the 96 pound dog jumping up on you in an old lawn chair wasn't smart. I was on my butt rofl>

Two votes and I'm not entirely sure they are WI people <I likely should have set this as a show voter thing so I'd know>

If those two votes are from WI, can you post here or PM me? I'm willing to set this up for just two of us. Cold cheese smoking, throw some burgers on. I'm going to hit up Hennings in Kiel soon as recon for cheese. I want to see if we could buy a 10 pound block and break it down or some thing at a cheaper rate then you'd see in a store.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky