Ref; Second attempt at Smoked Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
I essentially tried to repeat my first attempt but with less time in. <I feel I over smoked it the first time, got alot drier then commercial stuff> and this time, despite the same ratio...it was a bit to salty for me, but every one else liked it!

I did some plain, some with a cajun seasoning on top, and tried this imported Fish seasoning I got from the caribbean. Oddly, the fish seasoning never came through. I thought it would since it had allspice in it.

Live and learn I suppose! Every one liked it, and I set aside a piece and a half to blend into cream cheese, so it all worked out!

Next up will be a review of a mango rub I finally found...but not on fish!

Attachments

• 20190427_234103.jpg
    20190427_234103.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 54
I could never really get into salmon, but this looks and sounds good enough that I'd try it again.

It's more for my family and one of my friends. I'll eat a few chunks and be done, it's why I normally combine mine into cream cheese for a spread for toast or crackers. But if I get those flavoured tuna pouches I love them. Same flavour in smoked fish and eeh.. lol

Looks pretty darn good to me, and we love our salmon.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris!

I just wish I got more chances to do it! I'm wondering how much the species of salmon impacts flavour.

Tom,
No matter if you are smoking it for finger food or for an entree, I would not let the internal temp to go above 145* before I pull it.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky