Red's "Wet" Baby Back Ribs w/Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
N.E. Oklahoma
Happy Sunday, my SMF Friends!

Mrs. Red, God Bless Her, made a special request for baby back ribs today.  I prepared these per her favorite method...WET!
  • 11:30 am:  Dragged the Smoker out of the garage and got it fired up.  While it's coming up to temp, I prepared the rack of ribs...removed the membrane, then rubbed 'em down with some Spicy Apple Rub.
  • 12:00 noon:  The ribs go into the smoke...running the Rec Tec @ 230*...I'm running CookinPellets Perfect Mix pellets through the pit's hopper, and 100% Hickory pellets in the tube smoker.
  • 2:30 pm:  After about 2.5 hours in the smoke, I foiled them with some brown sugar and a splash of Tiger Sauce in the foil.  
  • 3:30 pm:  Just about 1 hour in the foil...unwrapped and back in the smoke.  
  • 4:00 pm:  Glazed them once with my homemade BBQ sauce...it's my "tweaked" version of Jeff's recipe.
  • 4:30 pm:  One more application of sauce.
  • 5:00 pm:  Done!  Sliced, plated, and let's eat!  Total cook time was right at 5 hours.
Now, on with the Qview....

This has become one of our favorite pork rubs...when I don't mix up my own, I always use this.

The ribs are trimmed up, membrane removed, and rubbed.  Into the Rec Tec!

One shot about an hour in...the smoke is rolling!

Hard to tell for sure in this pic, but the TBS is rolling out of the stack on the Rec Tec!

2.5 hours in...getting ready to foil them with some brown sugar and Tiger Sauce.

Here's a shot after they came out of the foil...just put the second coat of sauce on them.

Done, and ready to slice...Let's eat!

My plate (1st helping), with a nice portion of steak fries.  Also had a nice green salad.

A couple closer looks...moist, sticky and very tasty!

Aahh...nothing left but bones and a full belly!

I don't usually do "wet" ribs, but this is Mrs. Red's fav, and I gotta keep her asking for my smoked goodies...I'll admit they were awfully tasty!  

Thanks for coming by and checking it out.

Red

Last edited:
Awesome ribs!  
drool.gif

Mike

That all looks amazing Red, very nice ! Always great when the Mrs wants somethin smoked ! Thumbs Up Hope all is well with you & yours my friend !

That all looks amazing Red, very nice ! Always great when the Mrs wants somethin smoked !
icon14.gif
Hope all is well with you & yours my friend !
Hey Justin!  All is well...better than I deserve!  Thanks for the point, Brother!  I must be doing something right...cuz she keeps asking!

Glad you checked in...hope you and the fam are doing well.
HAHA Thank you sir!  

Red

Wow, Red those are great looking ribs. I particularly like the sound of the spicy apple rub.

However, you shouldn't be taking orders from your missus.

Just do what I do, tell her she'll eat what you cook.

The cheque is in the mail.

Points for fine ribs and pleasing the missus.

Disco

Red sorry for being late.That looks great bet it taste even better.Thanks for sharing

Richie

points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky