Red's No Foil Baby Back Ribs and Pork Tenderloin w/ Qview!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
N.E. Oklahoma
Howdy SMF Brothers and Sisters!

Between Work and Family obligations, and the winter weather, I haven't had the chance to do much smoking.  Well that changed today!  We had an uncommonly pretty day here today...high temp of about 70* this afternoon.  I took Mrs. Red out to a nice steakhouse for Valentine's dinner last night, so today was a good chance to smoke some meat!

Mrs. Red prefers baby back ribs to spares, so I did up a rack of BB's for tonight's dinner...just enough for the 2 of us.  Also had a couple of pork tenderloins on hand, which I also smoked for later next week.

On with the Qview!

Here's a rub I found recently that we really like...been using it a lot on my most recent pork smokes.

Here are the ribs and tenderloins, all rubbed up with the Spicy Apple Rub and in the Rec Tec pellet smoker @ 225*.  Hickory pellets in my AMTS Tube Smoker, and also in the pellet hopper.  I'm not sure what that is along the right side of the photo...maybe my fat finger got in the way?

A little more the 1.5 hours later, the pork tenderloins are at 140* IT.  Some like to take these to 150* IT minimum...but I don't mind a little pink inside.  I took this shot right before I pulled them out.

Sorry...no sliced pics of these.  They are going in some foil to rest for a while, then I'm gonna put them away for meals next week.  I gotta admit it was tempting to go ahead and cut into one of 'em right now...

...but no...I showed some will power!  
biggrin.gif

After I got the tenderloins out of the smoker, I cranked the cooker temp up to 250*...after a total cook time of about 5 1/2 hours, the BB's are done!  I glazed them with a little sauce during the last 20 minutes or so.

Here's my plate (used the good china 
biggrin.gif
).  With some of Mrs. Red's cole slaw, and a little more sauce on the side.  Its a slightly modified version of Jeff's sauce recipe.

A couple closer looks...

That's it!  A simple and tasty meal that Mrs. Red said was better than the expensive steakhouse dinner we had last night!

Thanks for coming by and checkin it out!

Red

Last edited:
Great dinner.

Them ribs could win awards. In my book anyway. [emoji]128513[/emoji]

:points: for a great cook.

Great dinner.

Them ribs could win awards. In my book anyway. [emoji]128513[/emoji]

points.gif
for a great cook.
Hey thanks Adam!  The only award I'm after is Mrs. Red's approval...mission accomplished!  
icon14.gif

I appreciate the kind words and the point!

Red

Wow Red, that Q all looks really tasty my friend ! Tell Mrs. Red that she's not alone, we like BB's a little better than spares too ! Thumbs Up

Looks like Mrs. Red can whip up a mean cole slaw as well, that had to be tasty !

I like to use the good china as well, especially when it's my night to clean up & do the dishes ! :biggrin:

Great thread !

:points1:

Last edited:
Wow Red, that Q all looks really tasty my friend ! Tell Mrs. Red that she's not alone, we like BB's a little better than spares too ! Thumbs Up

Looks like Mrs. Red can whip up a mean cole slaw as well, that had to be tasty !

I like to use the good china as well, especially when it's my night to clean up & do the dishes ! :biggrin:

Great thread !

:points1:

Thanks a lot Justin! You ain't wrong about Mrs. Red's cole slaw...it's great! Thanks for the point, Brother! Thumbs Up

Red

Those look delicious!!!! Love smoked tenderloin also! Have baby backs and tenderloins in my freezer and you just inspired me to start thawing them!
Thanks man...BB's and tenderloin are both pretty hard to beat!

Red

Nice job, my wife likes the bb better also, me, not that picky, I just prefer RIBS, RIBS, or RIBS, 
yahoo.gif
both of us would rather cook, grill, or smoke at home than go out as far as good food, but it is nice treat to get out some, hope you had a nice time out, Bonz

drool.gif

That is a tasty looking plate! I would rather stay at home and smoke as to go out. I sure do like the Thermoworks Pen.

points.gif

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David, for the compliments and for the point!  I prefer to cook and eat in too, but I still enjoy taking the Mrs. out to a nice place every now and then.

Those Thermopens are hard to beat!  I use mine in the kitchen nearly every day.  

Red

Red I am jealous 70s we are lucky to hit the teens here. But they look great and thanks for sharing. 
points.gif

Nice job, my wife likes the bb better also, me, not that picky, I just prefer RIBS, RIBS, or RIBS, 
yahoo.gif
both of us would rather cook, grill, or smoke at home than go out as far as good food, but it is nice treat to get out some, hope you had a nice time out, Bonz
Thanks Bonz!  The steakhouse dinner was real good, but the home cooked ribs were better (and cheaper!)...

Red

Red I am jealous 70s we are lucky to hit the teens here. But they look great and thanks for sharing. 
points.gif
Thanks for the point tropics!  Yeah, you guys in the northeast have had a rough winter so far...its been pretty mild here so far, but yesterday was exceptional!  Don't get too many 70* days in February!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky