Redirect dripping fat on masterbuilt xl thermotemp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vcpval

Original poster
Aug 28, 2021
First time post, so any advice is appreciated.

I have a vertical propane smoker, and i use a pellet smoke tube to get extra smoke and not have to reload wood chips so often on long smokes. I place the smoke tube off to the left or right, on lowest rack.

My problem is the fat from the meat, drips onto the shelving rack, and then runs left and right, drips onto the smoke tubes causing flameups. I have already tried covering smoke tube with foil, with very limited success

Any idea how to force the dripping fat to go straight down, and fall into my water tray?

I also use a vertical propane smoker. The best way I have found to manage drippings is a foil pan under the protein. Depending on what/how much I am cooking I will use like a a wire cooling rack on the foil pan with the meat on it. or just use the next lower rack.
Yeah those grease flare ups can get interesting in a vertical cooker.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky