REDEMPTION!! Kabanosy

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by dwaytkus, Mar 9, 2015.

1. dwaytkus

dwaytkus Smoke Blower

Well some of you may have seen my post from a couple weeks ago about a failed attempt to make Kabanosy.  The failure was my spice level and it having no taste.  There was many of you that had some feedback and I thank you.  So I had to make another batch cause it just bothers me untill I get it right!.   I didn't take pictures of the deboning, grinding , mixing or stuffing process.  But her is what I have.  

Nepas thank you for the recipe!!!

tropics likes this.
  2. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nicely done how was the taste this time? They do have nice color.[​IMG]

3. Looks good to me. Nicely done.

4. dwaytkus

dwaytkus Smoke Blower

The taste is great!  A little different IMO for most sausages but definitely tasty and these sticks won't last long!

5. dwaytkus

dwaytkus Smoke Blower

Also a side note.  After deboning a pork shoulder I had 6 1/2lbs of meat and fat.  My Kabanosy batch was 5lbs so I took the additional 1 1/2lbs and tried my Low sodium Breakfast Sausage seasoning from The Sausage Maker.   WOW that is some good seasoning!!!

6. tropics

Nice I did 2 shoulders yesterday packed in 2 1/2 lb packs had 4 of them and 1 pack 3lb 3oz. the 3lb will be Italian sausge for my Easter Lasagna, Did you save the skin I am doing the pork rinds with mine.

7. dwaytkus

dwaytkus Smoke Blower

I did not save the skin. I still have 9 pork shoulders in the freezer. More kielbasi this weekend.

8. tropics