Redemption in Virginia!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the virginian

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Virginia..duh.
So if you read my last post where I accidently smoked a plastic grill brush the last half hour of my first pork smoke, let me update you.

I ended up keeping the MES I won off the radio, and I'm glad I did. Masterbuilt did hose me out of a cover, but I think I can sucker them out of one....anyway, I went bigger this time, and did a boston butt instead of a picnic..16lbs of sweet dead swine.

I soaked it overnight in applejuice/apple vinegar/brownsugar solution. I put it on for 13 hours at 225. I periodically injected/mopped with said solution.

I applied some sauce the last few hours to give it a nice crust.

At any rate, I'm most pleased with the output. I served many people at a couple of different parties.

I'm glad to be a member for the forums, and glad I kept the MES. I'm going to do a breakfast fatty tommorow, may do some ribs tonight. I'm hooked I guess.

Take care!

Congratulations on the successful smoke. I'm gonna beat everyone else and ask, where are the pictures?

I could probaby post a pic of the pork in it's current state, but I'd get kicked off the forum. I'll provide photographic evidence of the next smokes.

Sounds like a success!
Glad you kept the smoker, you would have regretted letting it go.
Good luck on tonight ribs if you do them and tomorrows fattie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky