Red pepper breast, first time electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frosty91

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Illinois
Got a landmann electric smoker for free. I'm a charcoal and wood guy usually never had an electric smoker. But won't turn down a free smoker.

Bought some pre marinated chicken breast, got them on right now will see how it does!

Will have que view later!

I'll watch this one!

For several decades I was a coal and stick smoker, but after making my electric smoker, and discovering the AMAZEN tubes and trays, I seldom fire up the stick burner anymore.

I even bought a MES that a friend was selling!

They took about an hour and 45 mins. Put some hickory chunks in the smoker and filled the water pan about halfway, and temps stayed in the 240-250 range. These were for the wife, I'm not really a chicken breast fan. But I did try them and they had good flavor. Decent presentation. Now this is the first smoke on this electric smoker but I do think it will come in handy for little things like this or jerky, or just a dinner for 2. This is a cheaper brand I believe, but my brother in law won it and gave it too me so can't beat that. I think I will look into getting the amazen tube and tray and research them a little bit.

Here's some finished product! Not dry but not as moist as other chicken I've had. Could have used a brine. But not bad for a quick dinner!

Looks like it turned out ok. And no you can never turn down a free smoker.... Why I have 3 now...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky