• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AlaskanFence

Original poster
Sep 10, 2020
Hey everyone, I've been working on a side gig gathering and drying red alder here in southeast Alaska to cut down into disc's, chunks, or chips for smoking meats and game. Mostly I guess I'm wondering if there is even much of a market for it, as I'm isolated from the rest of the world on this tiny island haha. All the locals use it here for anything they smoke and they swear by it. Ive done my research and it seems red alder is an excellent medium for fish or white meats, and it turns out there's a huge abundance here that no one is really doing anything with. So basically, would people be interested in using red alder for smoking? Yellow cedar, red cedar, pine and furs are also super common here. Thanks for any and all input, its much appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky