[Recommendation] Insulated Hot food / glove that are pliable - to handle food

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jceroli42

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Morning all. Looking to replace my pair of black Mr. Bar-B-Q insulated gloves. They became very stiff, were always very slippery, and just not great glove. That said, I'm looking for a new pair, any recommendations? Something that is pliable, easy to move fingers, and also has some type of texture/grip.

THANKS!

Happy holidays everyone

Do a search on Amazon. Lots of choices.
61ut29KPOqL._SX679_.jpg

I did that's the problem, looking for a recommendation as the first pair had good reviews but were too stiff and ultimately wasted my money... I need something that I can bend my fingers and have dexterity.
Crazy cool timing on starting this thread and I agree with you!! Way to many choices. I will be tuned in here to see what people come up with. My key points would be 1) Easy to slip on , most I have or have tried are like trying to put on a wet suit. 2) Nice and flexible with good heat resistance to pull pork by hand.

Reactions: jceroli42
I feel like you're over thinking it. I use simple rubber palm/fabric top gloves. 2 or 3 bucks and they work great for handling meat off the grate, to trasporting hot burning coal baskets as well as lifting hot lids.

Work like a champ and can keep a drawer full in case I need to chuck a pair or two into the washer in case of contamination

I buy white cotton work gloves by the bale, we slip black nitrile disposables over them and they can be washed numerous times before they hit the trash can. Great way to handle hot full size roasts and turn or pull smaller items in a hurry.

these gloves are really good all around i have had several pair of decent gloves but these are the best i've had so far..

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I have been using these for the last couple of years and they work really well. They are not as good as the ChemStop Fryer Gloves that they replace but I cannot find them anymore. The guys picking up hot food off the smoker with cloth gloves are apparently more manly than I am. To clean I just leave them on and wash my hands. I believe they are good to 400 degrees just don’t hold it long.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky