Rec Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All new lineups.. the 680 is no more once sold out. WiFi, stainless Chambers, modified pot covers for chips, new competition base, and a few other tidbits including app.

Prices now include shipping so the 680 is actually $200 less than before. The new controller has two meat probes now. The "Lo" setting will maintain a fire at the lowest feed rate rather than try to maintain a temp. So these could go below 180.

They will be selling the new wifi controller as an upgrade to existing Mini and 680 owners for $99 in 8-9 weeks.

Also note that only the new 680 replacement, the Bull will have a 6 year warranty. The other two new models will only have 2 year warranties.

I am a little surprised there isn't more chatter on this. Maybe because they won't ship for a month? I was within hours of pulling the trigger on the RecTec. A lot of research that started with a big expensive stick burner progressing to the recognition that a big stick burner was a dream for me (not enough time to keep the fire going).

I have come to the realization a pellet is right for me and liked everything I heard about the Rec Tec (read hundreds of reviews). Only material dislike on it was the "made in china" part. But.... I actually went on their page to make the order when I found the new product lines.

What is the feeling out there? Should I wait? Kind of reminds me of new models of cars? Never buy the first year ha! I am itchy but for $2k I can wait and not make a mistake. What does everyone out there think?

Yes, I think you'll hear more about them once people get their hands on them.

I am biased as a RecTec owner of the now discontinued 680. If you’re looking at the Bull/700 it’s layout is essentially the same as the 680. The materials are different but I think functionally it will be very similar.

The 680 at $998 shipped is actually a really good deal if you don't care about wifi or extra stainless.

The 6 year warranty was one of main reasons I went with RecTec.

Reactions: Madmaniowa
The Rec Tec bull is priced at $1200 which is only about $300 cheaper then the Yoder YS640, is it worth the $300 savings over a tank like the Yoder?

I am not pushing for the Yoder just thinking out loud because I will be in the same boat in a few months as I look to buy my first pellet smoker.

Does the Yoder price include shipping? I thought it was $1500 + shipping. That’s really the only reason I didn’t buy one. It was over my price range.
RecTec prices all include shipping now.

Yoder does charge shipping but Yoder has dealers all over the place and often they are the same price at the dealer. There is a dealer near me that sells a YS640 for $1550.00

Interesting. My local dealer added the full shipping price ($200) and sales tax (7.25%)so it was much more than I was willing to spend. $1,816 delivered for a stock 640.

Last edited:
I am a little surprised there isn't more chatter on this. Maybe because they won't ship for a month? I was within hours of pulling the trigger on the RecTec. A lot of research that started with a big expensive stick burner progressing to the recognition that a big stick burner was a dream for me (not enough time to keep the fire going).

I have come to the realization a pellet is right for me and liked everything I heard about the Rec Tec (read hundreds of reviews). Only material dislike on it was the "made in china" part. But.... I actually went on their page to make the order when I found the new product lines.

What is the feeling out there? Should I wait? Kind of reminds me of new models of cars? Never buy the first year ha! I am itchy but for $2k I can wait and not make a mistake. What does everyone out there think?
I think I am going with RecTec, Yoder is great and shipping to me is $180 plus the $1449. RecTec has free shipping and a 6 year warranty on their Bull or 680...their smaller Stampede is 2 years Bumper to Bumper is what they called it. The reason for the difference is the stampede and Trailblazer are more mobile and moving them to the park or family get together can cause damage and the metal is not as thick. I like their igniter, which is ceramic and seems to last longer according to what I have read.

I just bought the Bull with competition cart Friday night. To be delivered “early April”.
Like Charles post, I spent a ridiculous amount of time reviewing all the pellet pooper brands out there. Made my head swim. I narrowed it down to the Yoder and the RT-700. In the end a recommendation from a smf pal made me choose Rec Tech because of his own excellent experience.
I’m not too worried about it being a new model. Not that much has changed on the chassis other than improved stainless construction.
The electronics are coming from the same reliable source they have always used. And the new PID - Wi-Fi controller has been used in other brands of PSGs for some time and shown good reliability.
I have not read anything bad about Rec Tec customer service. In fact they have shown to go above and beyond. So I feel if on the outside chance the new controller turns out to be a dud, RT will make it right.
Lastly after weeks and weeks it was time to stop shopping and start buying. Lol
Just my 2 cents worth.
B

Reactions: Rectecin'
I too have been looking into pellet smokers for over a year now...I have had a ton of stick burners all modified and still own 3. However I still could not get away from the 2:30am smoker light any stay up with it, for the 14lb packer brisket.. Well my search was dizzying to say the least, but I narrowed it down to the yoder ys640 w/comp cart or the rec-tec. Well rec-tec up'ed the ante with the rt700 with free shipping... It boiled down to dollars and cents for me. Wanted the yoder big time but they want 450$ just to ship to Mass. So that got me really looking twice at the rt700, man got to tell ya it looks like one heck of a grill really well thought out
I did order the rec-tec rt700 last night ....This what I get for a cost: yoder w/comp cart ..no stainless solid front shelf...and no cover was just shy of 2400.00 shipped to me
The rec-tec rt700 w/comp cart...optional stainless front shelf..and premium cover for 1687.00 shipped for me, it was do the math and investigate the grill.....re-tec was a done deal..... now to explain to my wife what this huge truck is dropping off in 3weeks....." like you need 9 grills!!! what is wrong with you" I can here it now.....oh well.

Reactions: Rectecin'
Good stuff. I was in the same position as you almost 2 years ago. The Yoder is a nice unit but the shipping killed it for me. And now with the RecTec's being stainless it's harder to justify the extra expense of the Yoder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky