Rec Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think its worth it just for the stainless construction. The new controller is going to be a $99 upgrade for the 680 soon.

I am looking at purchasing rec Tec 680. Is the extra 200 dollars worth spending on the rec Tec 700?
I absolutely think the extra 200 bucks was worth it. Hands down you’re going to want the Wi-Fi. It’s nice to do your heat adjustment from your phone or tablet from anywhere. Heck I adjusted the temp from the home improvement store last weekend!
Stainless.... lasts a long time. No corrosion. Easier to clean. In my mind they give you much more value than the extra 200 bucks they charge. B

Just got my shipping notice and tracking information from Rec Tec! Now I remember what it felt like as a kid to see the Christmas tree going up....
Let me know if you need help putting it together. I’ll run right over
Here is what to expect.
085EBE91-4A9C-4F6C-B116-02F94A6C9DE6.jpeg

B

Reactions: Lookn4u
I absolutely think the extra 200 bucks was worth it. Hands down you’re going to want the Wi-Fi. It’s nice to do your heat adjustment from your phone or tablet from anywhere. Heck I adjusted the temp from the home improvement store last weekend!
Stainless.... lasts a long time. No corrosion. Easier to clean. In my mind they give you much more value than the extra 200 bucks they charge. B
Not sure I will use the Wi-Fi that much. I do like the look of the 700. I am having a hard time convincing the wife.

It's not only wifi but it also has two meat probes. The 700 and 680 cook the same but you're getting better materials with the 700.

If you don't need the size, consider the Stampede.

Reactions: bdskelly
I am a little surprised there isn't more chatter on this. Maybe because they won't ship for a month? I was within hours of pulling the trigger on the RecTec. A lot of research that started with a big expensive stick burner progressing to the recognition that a big stick burner was a dream for me (not enough time to keep the fire going).

I have come to the realization a pellet is right for me and liked everything I heard about the Rec Tec (read hundreds of reviews). Only material dislike on it was the "made in china" part. But.... I actually went on their page to make the order when I found the new product lines.

What is the feeling out there? Should I wait? Kind of reminds me of new models of cars? Never buy the first year ha! I am itchy but for $2k I can wait and not make a mistake. What does everyone out there think?
I too have been looking into pellet smokers for over a year now...I have had a ton of stick burners all modified and still own 3. However I still could not get away from the 2:30am smoker light any stay up with it, for the 14lb packer brisket.. Well my search was dizzying to say the least, but I narrowed it down to the yoder ys640 w/comp cart or the rec-tec. Well rec-tec up'ed the ante with the rt700 with free shipping... It boiled down to dollars and cents for me. Wanted the yoder big time but they want 450$ just to ship to Mass. So that got me really looking twice at the rt700, man got to tell ya it looks like one heck of a grill really well thought out
I did order the rec-tec rt700 last night ....This what I get for a cost: yoder w/comp cart ..no stainless solid front shelf...and no cover was just shy of 2400.00 shipped to me
The rec-tec rt700 w/comp cart...optional stainless front shelf..and premium cover for 1687.00 shipped for me, it was do the math and investigate the grill.....re-tec was a done deal..... now to explain to my wife what this huge truck is dropping off in 3weeks....." like you need 9 grills!!! what is wrong with you" I can here it now.....oh well.

OK, tomorrow between noon and 5, two pallets coming my way. I'm off on Saturday, so i will assemble and burn it in. Probably do a few pounds of slab bacon to see how it runs and then..........

Last edited:
OK, tomorrow between noon and 5, two pallets coming my way. I'm off on Saturday, so i will assemble and burn iy in. Probably do a few pounds of slab bacon to see how it runs and then..........
Sounds awesome
If I may make a suggestion....b
3E9F07AB-99C1-4AAD-87A7-7083379FDC98.png

Reactions: Lookn4u
I'll consider that, right now I have some of the Traeger aluminum liners from ACE Hardware, 5 for $5, depending on how they work I may try the cardboard ones from Amazon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky