Rec Tec Stampede Cold Weather Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kcseekbbq

Original poster
Jul 15, 2019
Hello, my first post! Yeah! Been a long time reader!
Quick question.
If Rec Tec "Doesn't" make an insulated cover for the Stampede. What are you guys using on your Stampedes during the winter? How many pounds an hour does the Stampede use in say 20 degree temps?
I smoke/grill year round. I've been thinking about getting a Stampede, but with no insulated cover I am having serious second thoughts about the purchase.
Thank you :-)

A welders blanket works well for insulation.
I suppose that would work, but I don't really know how "insulated" they are. I'm not a welder but I imagine the material doesn't have to be insulated to protect from sparks.
hmmm..... I wonder what material could be used as stuffing and is fireproof.

Hello, my first post! Yeah! Been a long time reader!
Quick question.
If Rec Tec "Doesn't" make an insulated cover for the Stampede. What are you guys using on your Stampedes during the winter? How many pounds an hour does the Stampede use in say 20 degree temps?
I smoke/grill year round. I've been thinking about getting a Stampede, but with no insulated cover I am having serious second thoughts about the purchase.
Thank you :-)

I own a Stampede, but I've never used it in 20° temps, but I have used it in temps in the 30s.

I use a moving blanket on my Pit Boss ,it's not fire proof but I fear no fire as my lid is tight and no open sparks have I ever seen above the diffuser plate, I drape it over it and let it rest on the shelf below. It doesn't cover all the bottom but that's ok, it does help but cant say its perfect but works well for me ymmv

Reactions: kcseekbbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky