Reaper and Jerk hot sauces finished

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
You may think you know the story of Rudolph but don’t think for a second he didn’t actually get even. A little bit of this Carolina Reaper sauce in the reindeer food is all it took!! It fired them up and not their noses 😂 🔥 Four week fermented blend of 1/3 Carolina Reaper and 2/3 Scotch Bonnet with a touch of garlic post ferment. Mixed in the Vitamix so no need to strain. Yielded 14 bottles total. I’ve got 2 more half gallons I’ll let go another month for two. This stuff will fire you up lol. Probably the hottest I’ve made yet.
6C5A9FB1-4843-4F60-920D-7B76CBA4CA92.jpeg
4D194CB5-FE80-4A85-BF5F-BE56C5188B82.jpeg
Next up I bottled the jerk. 100% yellow scotch bonnets fermented in 3.5% brine for 5 weeks. Spices added post ferment when processing. Note I also add some xanthan to reduce separation. As I have mentioned before I always let my ferment sit in half gallon jars for a day or two as taste changes as well as air bubbles settle. This is going to be bomb on wings
AAA366AA-5EF6-4C01-B471-137773791405.jpeg
584F3855-A159-4378-A187-82D41504EBDF.jpeg
thanks for looking!

Hell yeah Jeff! Did you do the graphics and make the labels yourself?
I come up with the theme and then comb the net for supporting images. I add text from there. I don’t worry much about copyright since it’s just hobby giveaway stuff.

I can just imagine the Scoville factor on Rudolph's Revenge, a bottle would last me ten lifetimes Jeff. I never could handle that stuff, tho I tried a few times. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Wow! That is awesome! I don’t know if I have the guts to try Rudolph’s revenge🤣 but awesome packaging and product!

I can just imagine the Scoville factor on Rudolph's Revenge, a bottle would last me ten lifetimes Jeff. I never could handle that stuff, tho I tried a few times. RAY
It’s pretty intense lol. I have a quart jar of straight reaper going. Lol not sure I’ll be able to taste and adjust flavor multiple times. I’m going to start some mild ferments soon I think.
I'd love to try some Rudolph Revenge in some vegetable soup!
I had it in some charro beans tonight. It’s causing some stomach rumbling lol.
Wow! That is awesome! I don’t know if I have the guts to try Rudolph’s revenge🤣 but awesome packaging and product!
It’s pretty hot but in moderation not crazy. Thanks on the labeling. I try to get creative haha
Really cool that you do this Jeff. It always looks so colorful and amazing. That jerk sounds delicious
Thanks Jake! I really do love the jerk.
Wow. Nice work!
Thanks Derek.

Reactions: bauchjw
Labeling is 3/4 of the experience in hot sauce.
Been very disappointed in some of the snazzier sounding sauces.
Me thinks your labels are pretty accurate?
Picked up a bottle of Walkerswood Fire Stick.
That lives up to the name. One drop left my mouth burning for some time.

Will try some fermenting next year if I can get some ripe chilies soon enough to finish up before heading south. I made jerk paste with most of my Scotchy's this year. The balance I dried for making meat patties next year.

Way cool Jeff. I love adding hot sauce to my next day meals.

Point for sure
Chris

Labeling is 3/4 of the experience in hot sauce.
Been very disappointed in some of the snazzier sounding sauces.
Me thinks your labels are pretty accurate?
Picked up a bottle of Walkerswood Fire Stick.
That lives up to the name. One drop left my mouth burning for some time.

Will try some fermenting next year if I can get some ripe chilies soon enough to finish up before heading south. I made jerk paste with most of my Scotchy's this year. The balance I dried for making meat patties next year.
100% agree on labeling. First impression is what you see. I’ll have to check out Firestick. I haven’t seen it.
Great looking bottles Jeff.
I can only imagine the heat in those.
I like my spicy foods , but not over the top, change my drawers heat, lol

But I always at least try them to see if flavour also.

David
I do try to make sure mine have flavor with the heat for sure. Some are made to just maximize heat and taste awful.
That Jerk sounds fantastic! You sure put a lot of work into these. Sure it will be appreciated!
Thanks Brian! People do seem to love them.
Way cool Jeff. I love adding hot sauce to my next day meals.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Are you still using the El Yucateco? Despite making my own I still love theirs as my go to commercial cooked style hot sauce.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Chris! Are you still using the El Yucateco? Despite making my own I still love theirs as my go to commercial cooked style hot sauce.
I finished the Yucateco a long time ago, and wish it was available at our local stores. I dislike ordering off the net. Currently I'm trying different brands that I find at the local grocer. I haven't found one I really like yet. So I continue to sample. A coworker gave me a bottle of one she made and it tasted good, but it didn't have enough heat.

Chris

Those look fantastic! I love a good hot sauce and I work with a girl from Jamaica and she got me into jerk seasoning and it’s fantastic. I’m sure some people will be very happy with those!

Nice work Sir! Making the sauce is fun but the labeling and bottling is even funner!
Some I made a while back one lady said it would make a great salad dressing!
A little of this and that would convert a bit of hot sauce to a great dressing I think!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky