Ready for the Weekend! Anyone Smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin relaxin steve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
South Jersey
Hey All,

Well the weather here is looking up for this weekend which is good because I was planning on smoking either way LOL! Anyone else got anything going or planned to smoke this weekend???

My buddy is coming over tomorrow... i have an assortment of Micro Brew Beers and a 30pk of the cheap stuff LOL... I sliced up 2 London Broils last night to marinate for Jerky...

Gonna Make/Smoke:

3 or 4 types of jerky

-Cinnamon/Cayenne

-Honey/Hot Pepper Flake

-Montreal

-to be decided

Pizza Fatty

Turkey Breast

& ABTs

I also have 2 Frozen Bags of Pulled Pork (1 sweet & 1 savory) and if i have time Sunday i want to Make BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza & Some Pulled Pork Bread (like pepperoni bread)... Hopefully time will allow for that or i will do that the following weekend...

I AM ITCHING TO GET SOMKIN'

Anyone else?

Yep I'm smoking. Its "Hockey Day MN" here in the land of 10,000 lakes so we are going to have a full day of watching hockey and smoking some meat. Not sure what I am doing yet but for sure a ton of wing and maybe a fatty or two or stuffed burgers. We are actually going to be having a heat way of 35+ degrees. I can't wait. Have a great weekend all.

Yea, I have another big smoke tomorrow.

6 butts, 3 slabs of spare's, 4 cordon bleu wrapped in bacon chicken breasts, chuck roast and finally some meaty beef short ribs (I love these ribs, I call them steak on a stick).

I hope everyone does enjoy's the heat wave up north.

RP

Yep I'm smoking. Its "Hockey Day MN" here in the land of 10,000 lakes so we are going to have a full day of watching hockey and smoking some meat. Not sure what I am doing yet but for sure a ton of wing and maybe a fatty or two or stuffed burgers. We are actually going to be having a heat way of 35+ degrees. I can't wait. Have a great weekend all.
Very Nice! Enjoy your Blistering Hot weekend as well LOL... yeah we are gonna be in the 40s... might even sit on the back porch for some of the day...

Heck Steve at 40 degrees I'll bet you have your swim suit on! It's not going to be much warmer here, high tomorrow 58.   
icon_cool.gif

Yea, I have another big smoke tomorrow.

6 butts, 3 slabs of spare's, 4 cordon bleu wrapped in bacon chicken breasts, chuck roast and finally some meaty beef short ribs (I love these ribs, I call them steak on a stick).

I hope everyone does enjoy's the heat wave up north.

RP
Yeah we call em' Mini Brisket Sticks at my house LOL

Heck Steve at 40 degrees I'll bet you have your swim suit on! It's not going to be much warmer here, high tomorrow 58.   
icon_cool.gif
LOL!!!! after enough beers anything is possible!

Ya was not plannin gon making anything this weekend but its going t be so nice i almost feel like I have to.
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm making a smoked meatloaf on Saturday, and the Mrs. said she wants me to smoke up some more cheese before it gets too warm 
icon_rolleyes.gif
,   so I'll probably do that on Sunday.  

I've got 8lbs of Butt rubbed-n-wrapped for buckboard bacon, and half a loin ('bout 4lbs) for Canadian bacon, but they won't be ready to smoke for another week.  

I was thinking about taking some time this weekend to make a little rig to move the rotisserie for my grill over to the fire pit, and try making some chickens over a wood fire...  just not sure if I want to tackle that yet or not.

icon_cool.gif

Well after a full day and a half of solid smoking ( 3 butts, 2 briskets, and a meatloaf back to back to back) I think that I'm gonna caught up on some sleep and maybe just cure a bellie and a butt for more bacon.

Last edited:
I have an 8 lb boston butt, 4.5lb fryer, and a 1lb hunk of bologna all setting in the fridge with rub soakin in.  I also have 7lbs of pork cut up and the spices mixed up for hot links that I will do also.  It will be a great weekend for me.  I got me some bacon to fry up to tide me over until I get to start pulling stuff from the smoker
biggrin.gif

Pulled a full rack of spares out of the freezer Wednesday nite.  They're thawed now and I will rub em tomorrow morning for a smoke Saturday afternoon.

5 lb sirloin tip tonight and probably 10-14 fatties of various stuffing to stock the freezer.

I think I'm going to try a buffalo chicken fatty this weekend.  I saw that somewhere on here and I've got to give it a try.

I picked up a 8 lb butt and a small sirloin tip (2.5 lbs or so?).  Never done one of these, can't wait to get to it on Sunday.  I got all the fixin's for ABTs as well.

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on smoking this weekend, but got up this morning & thought beef ribs, so that's what I'm smoking now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky