Re-heating SV pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daytripper

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2021
Hi all

I'm keen to try this recipe on Serious Eats. It's very clear for the same-day cook, but it's pretty short on details on reheating.

It mentions that after the SV cook, the (still-sealed) pork can go in the fridge for up to a week, but doesn't give re-heating instructions. Questions then are:

- How do I reheat an SV, cold pork-butt on a Green Egg..? What cooking temp, and what internal temp should it reach before pulling (and roughly how long it will take...)?
- Do the butts (either same-day or re-heated) need to rest?

Thanks in advance!
marc

Reactions: JLeonard
At the very bottom of the page he goes into the reheating process. I'd say that you want to take it to at least
145 degrees IT. And personally I'd rest it for an hour.

Jim

I take stuff to 145 F for at least 45 mins. I don't rest that long though, maybe 5-10 minutes. Because of the Hell Flu sweeping through my household the last 10 days, we've been living off reheated SV brisket and pulled pork.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky