RE: Bearcarver's health

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Air under the Skin!?! That can't be a pleasant feeling and I have no idea how dangerous that can be. I pray one complication does not lead into another and the Bear gets better soon...JJ

Here is the newest update from Linda, looks like he's doing better! Image

Today was the best day for John. Leaking lung still a bit of a problem. His spirits are good considering all he's been through. Received the card and best wishes from the meat forum today and said I should tell everyone thank you from him.

Linda Horne
Mrs. Bear

Rich

Keep up with the prayers, as they appear to be working wonders. Thank youThumbs Up

Thanks Rich!

So glad to hear Bearcarver is improving.  Hopefully he will be able to enjoy home and family very soon again. 
2thumbs.gif

Just received this update from Ms. Bear;

John had a rough time. The surgery on his heart seems to be okay, but his 1 lung was leaking and the air from the lung got under his skin and his upper body swelled up. Both eyes swelled up so much he couldn't see. The doctor put a chest tube in to drain the air and other fluids. He had that in a few days. They took it out and most of the swelling is gone now. The surgeon put little slits in his eye lids to let out some air but that didn't work. So not only were his eyes swollen they turned black and blue from the slits.

His kidneys aren't working properly but they seem to think they will start working again.

He finally got out of the Open Heart ICU late yesterday. He was there for 12 days. He is in the Open Heart Transitional Unit now. Today he was up and walking with a walker and 2 assistants. His legs seem to be getting stronger. He was having trouble breathing even with oxygen today. There is definitely weezing in his lungs so they took an x-ray late today but I haven't heard the results.

Each day we see improvement.

Thanks for your concern.

Linda Horne

We care alot John, get better dam soon.

Rich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky