RE: Bearcarver's health

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have been following this since Bear posted about it last week on a couple of forums where he is still active. We are praying for him.

Unfortunately for us he is "Suspended/Banned" here, so unless the powers that be change that, there will be no new "Bear View" on SMF.
Him being Suspended/Banned is the main reson for me and some others to have quit posting and being an active member here.  Just because he ruffled some "powerful" feathers and didnt back down in his 'opinions' he was stripped of his OTBS and then his membership--makes me proud to be associated with the 'powers' at hand--NOT.  Anyways, I know there are alot of folks that liked John and care about whats going on. I will keep up the posting as fast as I receive them, unless my views and attitude ruffle the wrong feathers also.

Rich

Last edited:
Rich thanks for the update on John. I pray that he has a good recovery.

As for him being banned this is not accurate. Join is free to post here if he wants.

You only have half of the story of what happened. You really need all information before you make comments like you did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have been following this since Bear posted about it last week on a couple of forums where he is still active. We are praying for him.
Unfortunately for us he is "Suspended/Banned" here, so unless the powers that be change that, there will be no new "Bear View" on SMF.
Him being Suspended/Banned is the main reson for me and some others to have quit posting and being an active member here.  Just because he ruffled some "powerful" feathers and didnt back down in his 'opinions' he was stripped of his OTBS and then his membership--makes me proud to be associated with the 'powers' at hand--NOT.  Anyways, I know there are alot of folks that liked John and care about whats going on. I will keep up the posting as fast as I receive them, unless my views and attitude ruffle the wrong feathers also.
Rich

Is this thread about John's health or your gripe with SMF? Your story is awfully one sided. Let's keep the focus on John and his health. There are better times to feud.

You both are very correct and I do appologize.  My uneasiness about his state of health and my fear of losing a good friend shaded my ability to rationalize all the facts and should not have surfaced especially now. My appologies to those affected by my one-sided views. Will not happen again.

Rich

Bearcarver,

Wishing you a speedy recovery, you were a great help when I first joined the forum especially with information on the MES.

I lived like 30 mins from Bear. I have known about his condition for some time now and he wanted me to keep hush about it.

Speedy recovery to you John.

You both are very correct and I do appologize.  My uneasiness about his state of health and my fear of losing a good friend shaded my ability to rationalize all the facts and should not have surfaced especially now. My appologies to those affected by my one-sided views. Will not happen again.
Rich

Rich it is ok. I am just glad you told us about this so that we can pray for John and hopefully see him back around here at SMF.

Thank you Rich!

Bearcarver, I'm sorry to hear about your health. Wish you a full and speedy recovery and hopefully in the near future we'll be seeing your posts on SMF again!

via meateater

have an update from Linda ,Bears wife. You will get home soon Buddy!

He was good Friday afternoon. But Saturday was terrible. Complained about his right foot being numb and stomach pain. He was also delirious. They finally put ventilator back in and sedated him so he wouldn't hurt himself. Will probably leave him completely sedated till tomorrow. Hopefully when they stop the sedation, his mind will work right again.

Linda

Rich

I wondered where he had gone.I liked his stuff he liked mine although I am a way back in the field compared to him.I dont know about the politics stuff,he was a guy with strong opinions.Didnt bother me I thought he was a great communicator .Hope he gets better soon.

Wow, thanks for letting everyone know. I definitely miss reading his great, informative posts. Certainly hope he recovers to 110%. 
Prayers to you, John! Hang in there! 

Very concerned about his condition, sounds like he experienced at least a TIA or small stroke, and brain swelling.  

He was put on a 'time out' for 30 days but is more than welcome to return; it was his decision not to.  I do not know the reasons for it nor ever will.  John and I teamed up; he handled the dry curing and I handled the wet curing and he was expert at it; I miss his expertise.

Thank you, AlaskanBear, for letting us know about this and please keep us posted; many times a day is more than fine.  Such a life-threatening condition can change radically and dramatically in a moment's notice, and he has a true friend representing him in you; thank you so much!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky