Rare is not always good...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Azul, one of our 11 month old Redbone Coonhound pups started bleeding from "down there". Keep in mind that both her and her sister were both spayed in September. She tagged along with our 12 year old Redbone Red to the vet today. Took Azul out for a walk at the vets so she could pee in a cup. Vet also is doing a blood test, at her expense to check for hormones As she is swollen "down there" and acting very frisky. She also started a fight with her sister today. Vet is thinking she may have some reproductive materials that grew in after Azul was spayed. She has been a vet for a long time and has never seen a case of this. She said if she finds any hormones in her blood they will have to do an ultrasound on her to try and find the wayward tissue. She did say that if there is any hormones in her blood the ultrasound and anything following is on them...

My dog had false heat and false pregnancies a few times after her spay way back when. That vet said the same thing. He had never seen that before. I hope she will get through it. Oh heck, I'm sure she will.

Hope it all goes well for Azul, man. Best of luck.
Thanks...

Hey inkjunkie
It almost sounds like she is going into heat. Vet must have missed a little piece of something. Hope she finds it quickly and that it is a fairly easy fix.

Gary
Our vet said she has the symptoms of being in heat but isn't. She said that she has some ectopic tissue And that this tissue is making her body excrete estrogen..if what she suspects is right.

My dog had false heat and false pregnancies a few times after her spay way back when. That vet said the same thing. He had never seen that before. I hope she will get through it. Oh heck, I'm sure she will.
I am just glad that the vet is standing behind there "work". Didn't hear back from them today so we will be calling tomorrow.

Vet called....Azul has a bladder infection. The other blood test was inclusive. She wants us to come by tomorrow and pick up some anti-biotics. After the course of them she wants us to bring her back in so she can, at her expense, do another blood test.

Great  Glad they figured that out !

Gary

Azul finished up the antibiotics, Vet had us bring her in for another blood test. Took her sister along, wanted to see how much she weighed. Be next week before we here back from the Vet as her blood was going to Cornell university to get tested. Apparently they have developed some sort of new test. Up next will be an ultrasound. Azul is in near constant high alert mode....as well as trying constantly to be frisky with Red. Hope when all is said and done she goes back to the way she was, noticeably more calm....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky