Random Asian Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
My wife found a salad recipe she wants to use for our lunches for the week that has some asian elements. Since I was already firing up the smoker for dinner (see tri-tip post) I figured I'd roll the chicken on there too.

Pretty last minute, so totally improvised the seasoning and spice mix based on what was in the pantry. So, these were rubbed with EVOO, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, and chinese five spice powder. I call it.. random asian chicken.

Ran at 225 in hickory. If I was doing just the chicken and not beef I'd use something lighter. Still tastes pretty damned good if I do say so.

Onto the smoker:
IMG_0777.jpeg

And done:

IMG_0782.jpeg

May have on the fly but they look mighty good! And the wife's fav chicken was smoked with hickory....by mistake 🤐

Keith

Reactions: mcokevin
Those thighs look fantastic!

Everyone in my house loves chicken thighs smoked with hickory. Hickory is basically all I use. I tried Applewood and cherry before and no one was a fan.

Reactions: mcokevin
I love Hickory or mesquite on my chicken also, unless doing for folks that like less smoke, than cherry or apple
Looks Great, and I bet tasty

David

May have on the fly but they look mighty good! And the wife's fav chicken was smoked with hickory....by mistake 🤐

Keith

Those thighs look fantastic!

Everyone in my house loves chicken thighs smoked with hickory. Hickory is basically all I use. I tried Applewood and cherry before and no one was a fan.

Great color on that chicken, looks delicious!!

Thanks gents - looks like hickory is a more popular wood for chicken than I thought! They came out great, maybe will have to try hickory on chicken more often.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky