Raleigh, NC Up in Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atwhitsend

Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Hello SMF.  Whitfield here.  Been smoking meat in Raleigh, NC for a few years after my wife bought me a 18.5" WSM as a gift.  Since then I've done numerous cookouts and a few whole hogs (albeit those are done on my great-uncles pig cooker).  Big fan of pulled pork (Eastern NC style - vinegar based sauce), brisket, and pretty much any type of meat.  Also beer, football and anything Tar Heel.

I'm doing my first competition (Sir Walter Smoke Off here in Raleigh) in October and have been looking around at various forums for tips, advice, or just more information.  Been a lurker here for a few weeks and figured I'd bite the bullet and join the fray.

I'm also looking to upgrade my smoker to a stick burner, and the Lang 60" Deluxe has caught my eye.  Always happy to take any advice and am looking forward to being part of the community.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from another beautiful sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots         of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Welcome from SC, Whitfield. It really good to have you on this great site. Several new folks from the Raleigh area have joined in the last several months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky