Quickie meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
I had just enough time yesterday to smoke a meatloaf, so fired up the GMG and mixed up the ingredients. I had about a pound and a half of 90/10 ground beef, so used that with a simple loaf. I hate celery and bell pepper, so only put in onion, salt and pepper, crackers, egg and a splash of milk
I made a thin loaf so it would cook pretty quickly in order to eat at a decent hour.
I pulled it at 165, rested 15 minutes and dug in! I still had some of my "Magic elixer" drippings from the brisket cook, so made some more gravy for the meatloaf.
It was fantastic!!
20190816_200254.jpg
20190816_200336.jpg
20190816_195913.jpg

Looks delicious!! So what smoker gave you that nice smoke ring? Also tell us more about that magic brisket elixir :)

Reactions: radio
Looks delicious!! So what smoker gave you that nice smoke ring? Also tell us more about that magic brisket elixir :)

Thank you.
Smoked on a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone burning extra pellets in a tube.
My "Magic elixir" is a16-18 ounce cup of brewed coffee and 2-3 heaping tablespoons of Tone's beef base. See my brisket post here. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/belly-buster-brisket-with-q-view.289736/
When the brisket hits at least 150, but not more than 165, I put it on a rack in a disposable aluminum pan, add the "Elixir", cover tightly and let the brisket drip it's juices into the pan. If I take it much hotter I loose more of the drippings in the smoker:-( I reserve all the liquid in a container and refrigerate so the fat rises to the top and hardens. Sometimes the "elixir" is a bit too potent and I dilute to taste with water. Heated up, it makes an excellent Au Jus, or I often make a slurry with flour and water and whisk in as it nears boiling. I also add just enough Kitchen Bouquet to darken the gravy to an appealing brown shade as the flour slurry lightens the color of the "elixir".
Guaranteed to make some the best gravy you ever had!!!

Reactions: drdon
Looks really good, I did a loaf the other day. One of my favorite things to smoke.

Point for sure
Chris

Perfect job sir. I prefer to have it thinner like that so there is more "crust" in the serving. Nice cook.
Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky