Quick Sriracha Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
She Who Must Be Obeyed buys boneless skinless chicken breasts. She likes them because they are low fat. However, I find they are hard to keep moist and they don’t have a good texture when cooked. I have been advised I am wrong.

This night, I was tired, I was instructed that I was cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts and I needed something easy but tasty.

I rubbed 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of my homemade Creole seasoning over 2 boneless skinless breast halves.

I mixed 5 ml (1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce with 25 ml (2 tablespoon) of mayonnaise and rubbed it over the boneless breast halves.

I mixed 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of the Creole seasoning with 150 ml (2/3 cup) Panko breadcrumbs. I coated the breasts with the crumb mixture.

Quick Sriracha Chicken 01.jpg

I preheated my Traeger Timberline to 350 F (177 C) and put the chicken in.

Quick Sriracha Chicken 02.jpg

I cooked it to an internal temperature of 170 F (77 C) which took about an hour.

Quick Sriracha Chicken 03.jpg

Quick Sriracha Chicken 04.jpg

The Verdict

This was quick, easy and delicious. It had a touch of spice and a nice crispy coating that kept the chicken moist. Best of all, She Who Must Be Obeyed was pleased.

Disco

Beautiful Disco, easy peasy and delicious, Like! I have actually made that in the past a few times, sans the Sirracha sauce, just baked in the oven and we enjoyed it immensely. RAY

Not generally a Chicken Breast Guy. But, I do like the direction you went. Just curious, why cook to such a high IT? While I like Legs well done, 175-185, anymore, I only cook Poultry Breasts to 155. Always tender and juicy...JJ

Looks pretty damn good.
I make something similar, but use cream cheese and Mayo together before adding the panko.
Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful Disco, easy peasy and delicious, Like! I have actually made that in the past a few times, sans the Sirracha sauce, just baked in the oven and we enjoyed it immensely. RAY

Thanks, Ray. We all need these simple recipes.

Looks like another tasty meal , most important though another night off the couch!

Thanks, Jim!

Not generally a Chicken Breast Guy. But, I do like the direction you went. Just curious, why cook to such a high IT? While I like Legs well done, 175-185, anymore, I only cook Poultry Breasts to 155. Always tender and juicy...JJ

Thanks, Chef.

First, Health Canada says not to cook chicken to under 165 F. My immune system is compromised and I am not willing to argue with them. Second. I just prefer the texture. I used to go to 165 F but find I like the firmness of 170 F. I have found methods to keep it juicy and still get that temperature I like. It is just a matter of personal preference though.

Like salmon, most people like it about 130 F, I prefer 140 to 145. Just a matter of how you like it.

Looks pretty damn good.
I make something similar, but use cream cheese and Mayo together before adding the panko.
Thanks for sharing!

That sounds great! Thanks!

Nice looking. Thanks to the Ms. she has you keeping us with some great food post.

Warren

Thanks, Warren! I thank her every day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky