Quick Smoke n Sear Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
First off sorry for the lack of pics but wanted to share what I had.

Busy day this past Saturday and was trying to think of something I could throw together fairly quickly. Looked through the freezer and found a pork tenderloin that had my name on it. Thawed it out and rubbed it down with some Dijon mustard and spices including SP, minced garlic, parsley, etc...

Sorry didn't get any of the prep pics. Smoked it at 225 until it hit 120 and pulled it. Lit my grill and got it up to 600 and tossed it on.
PT11.jpg

Pulled at 140 and brought it in the house and let it rest. Grilled up some garlic Texas toast to go along.
PT12.jpg

PT13.jpg

Plated with some mashed potatoes and a side Caesar salad.
PT14.jpg

One of my best PT's to date. Thing was juicy and had outstanding flavor. Smoked ones by themselves are great but I really like to smoke and sear method on these. The Dijon mustard kind of gave it a nice crust. Anyways nothing major but wanted to post up a few pics since it came out so good. Thanks for looking.

John

Looks great John ! Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite things. Nice char on that one and perfect pink center!

Nice looking pork tenderloin John. We really like them with a reduced apple cider sauce.

Point for sure
Chris

This is gorgeous! Perfect interior with a great looking sear on the outside--I'm going to have to grab a PT for this weekend!

Beautiful piece of work John, Like! I'm with Chris, I like some apple sauce on the side with PT. RAY

I really like that John. Simple, basic, perfectly prepared and delicious. Can't ask for anything more....except maybe some gravy on those taters :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Looks great John ! Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite things. Nice char on that one and perfect pink center!

Thanks Travis appreciate it! 145 is the perfect temp for these things hate when they get overcooked and turn out dry!

Looks like some good eating there!
Al
Some good eats right there
This is gorgeous! Perfect interior with a great looking sear on the outside--I'm going to have to grab a PT for this weekend!
Lookin good !
Looks exactly how I like em! Nice job
Perfect looking char outside! Excellent photos too.
Great job sure could do some harm to that.

Warren

Thank you guys all very much for the likes and kind words. I appreciate it!

Nice looking pork tenderloin John. We really like them with a reduced apple cider sauce.

Point for sure
Chris
Beautiful piece of work John, Like! I'm with Chris, I like some apple sauce on the side with PT. RAY

Thanks Chris and Ray! I haven't though about using a reduced apple cider sauce but that sounds amazing. I've always wanted to do a stuffed pork loin with apple pie filling but never gotten around to it.

I've always wanted to do a stuffed pork loin with apple pie filling but never gotten around to it.

That sounds like it'd be real good but something else to consider is stuffing one with Steve's bacon Jam. I can tell you from experience that's really good!!

Robert

One of our Favourites, that meal looks great, nice work. Such a great piece of the animal to cook and enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky