Quick Smashed Bugers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I still loving this electric flat top. Hard to believe a $115 griddle can work so good. Just have to have space to store it. I about to give up corn after the good stuff in Mi. This stuff we get sucks!

20210916_150003.jpg 20210916_150056.jpg 20210916_150626.jpg

Gretchen been having some problems with back and hips. Laser treatments always helped in the past so did another round. She on her 9th of 10 and really doing well. She almost back up to full speed again. Doing 1.5 miles a day.

20210916_092203.jpg

Great looking burgers Brian, NOW that's the way to have onions on a burger ( love me some onions )
Big like Brian,, Hard to have reg corn when you have had some great ones.
Hope it keeps going well with Gretchen, nice evening for a walk , by the looks of it .

David

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Good looking burgers Brian! Glad Gretchen is feeling better! I know what you mean about " good corn" ... we plant 1/3 acre of sweet corn every year and ya just can't beat it. Our SIL says we ruined him... he can no longer stand to eat corn at a restaurant. :emoji_sunglasses:

Ryan

looks awesome Brian, I wish you could get a hold of some Long Island corn! Pretty good this year but not as good as usual. Was a pretty crappy year for all veggies in the NE this year.

Brian, the burgers look killer, we are lucky as far as corn goes. They grow tons of it around the CA Delta.
If you ever see Brentwood corn on the box at your store, buy it, you won't be sorry.

As far as Gretchen goes, start her on some Hemp CBD ASAP!!! It was life changing for our 15 yr old Lab.
He went from hardly getting up off his bed in the mornings to jumping up onto our bed to wake us up every day, and it worked with in a week or two. We started him out at 1/4 dropper full every evening, then after a few days we gave him 1 full dropper every evening. It worked great for our dog!!!

Nice job. The family likes those Smash burgers, me I prefer thicker med/rare burgers.Extra Cheese, fried or raw onion with bacon. Might switch up and add Green Chile or Tomato...JJ

What griddle is that you're using?

I got the VEVOR 22" Electric Countertop Flat Top Griddle 110V 3000W Non-Stick Commercial Restaurant Teppanyaki Grill Stainless Steel Adjustable Temperature Control 122°F-572°F. Looks like price went up like everything else. There are several brands that look the same.

As far as Gretchen goes, start her on some Hemp CBD ASAP!!! It was life changing for our 15 yr old Lab.
He went from hardly getting up off his bed in the mornings to jumping up onto our bed to wake us up every day, and it worked with in a week or two. We started him out at 1/4 dropper full every evening, then after a few days we gave him 1 full dropper every evening. It worked great for our dog!!!

Thanks. I will try it.

Reactions: motocrash
Looks tasty Brian. Hard to beat a good smash burger, especially when you add some fresh corn. Glad to hear that Gretchen is getting better. Darned good of you to care so much and make sure she's well cared for. Kudos for that sir!!

Robert

Good looking burgers Brian!
Believe it or not, but that is some good looking corn for down here.
The corn here really sucks.
Al

I’ve been spoiled on good corn most of my life living in rural Ohio. Many friends of mine have fields of it. Those burgers look great.

Another suggestion is to feed her a food and treats containing glucosamine.

Another suggestion is to feed her a food and treats containing glucosamine.
This is a much better option than glucosamine, but it is kinda spendy....but worth every penny of it.
They use this exact same med on BIG money race horses for a reason, it works wonders.
It gave us at least 3 more years with our last dog, so it's worth checking out.

This is a much better option than glucosamine, but it is kinda spendy....but worth every penny of it.
They use this exact same med on BIG money race horses for a reason, it works wonders.
It gave us at least 3 more years with our last dog, so it's worth checking out.
I have used that with couple dogs. Gretchen doing pretty good. Those laser therapy work good and seem to last about 6 months. The trick is don't wait until they bad. I think now I probably get a treatment once a month.

Good looking burger . That corn sure looks good , but I know what you mean . Taste can be hit or miss .
I bought a female that was guaranteed to OFA hips and elbows . Turned out her elbows didn't make the grade . We had her on Rymedel at 2 years of age . It's not cheap either but does provide some relief for them .
You really have to watch the long walks though .

Shes been on Rimadyl for several years now. Just added gabapentin. I have had GSD all my life and all the problems over the years that go with them. After my last two passed said was done but the Lady I got my first from years ago had other ideas for me. Gave me this dog. She sent me message with pic from when I got her this weekend. It was her Birthday. Can't believe shes keeps track off that.

523636_3247924252000_1525464380_n.jpg
Captureihih.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking meal Brian, you all are going to force me to get a flat top soon!

BTW, beautiful pup ya have there… Good on you that you take such good care of her!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky