Quick Chicken Teriyaki and Fried Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Asian Chicken Base as in a powder, paste or liquid concentrate. Lots of take out joints must use the same Bases. Wonton Soup Broth, Egg Drop Soup taste Indentical in several different restaurants. Whould love to know the secret...JJ
This will get you guys in the ballpark. $3-4 in an asian market. I think each joint will doctor it a little and local joint we like is heavy on the green onion. I call this "food court" level chinese. Good but could be better. I am blessed/cursed to have had really good stuff in the past but no longer can and forced to make my own. Once I get the garage sorted you guys are gonna see a TON of wok threads. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Interesting. FIsh flavor is not one I recognize in the average Wonton Soup. But who knows.Blind folded, I would say Pork Flavor is used. I bought Knorr Chicken Powder, as so many recipes have said that is what restaurants use. Its good but not Egg Drop Soup flavor. Then I thought maybe Lee Kum Kee, but have not ordered it.. JJ

Interesting. FIsh flavor is not one I recognize in the average Wonton Soup. But who knows.Blind folded, I would say Pork Flavor is used. I bought Knorr Chicken Powder, as so many recipes have said that is what restaurants use. Its good but not Egg Drop Soup flavor. Then I thought maybe Lee Kum Kee, but have not ordered it.. JJ
I have the LKK chicken powder it's GOOD. Straight up chicken flavor that you can use for anything. I can see mixing it and the won ton to dial it in to your liking. From here you can really go down the rabbit hole and your not far off with the pork. This recipe is really close to nearly all in my books. All have variations of the umami boost. I know exactly the flavor I am looking for but do not know what it is yet. The dried scallop could be it but rooting for the flounder as I have it already.
https://sybaritica.me/chinese-superior-stock/
https://www.dopenkitchen.com.sg/art...seafood-for-extra-unami-flavour-to-your-dish/

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky