Quick Chicken Teriyaki and Fried Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That chicken teriyaki and whole dinner look absolutely delicious John! It’s definitely put me in the mood for some Asian cuisine. Pretty great meal to pull out on a weeknight.

Thanks Joe! You need to bust out the flat top and get some Asian going man. If it gets too hot for you can always wash it down with a couple of your White Claws :emoji_laughing:

Boy howdy John, that's really making that flattop talk! I bet you had enough that you weren't even hungry ten minutes later, all looks delicious! RAY

Thanks Ray! Man I was so stuffed after I ate that I could barely move. Got enough leftovers for dinner tonight too!

Thank you Civil! Nothing compared to most of the stuff you post up but not too shabby for it being a quick dinner.
Sometimes those quick meals turn out to be top shelf! I sure miss having a dedicated flat top in the house....had a 12x24 temp controlled one for a while in the range top with a SS top.....man that was awesome!! It was the most used cooking tool we had at the time!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Very nice! I too am interested in the Soup. Looks good sans Shrooms as it is. The Teriyaki is great on the Flattop. Try Char grilling Skewered cut up chunks of Thigh. The Charcoal gives a more authentic flavor. Makes Killer Teriyaki WINGS too! Marinate, pat dry or refer overnight uncovered. Use Indirect Heat or a Vortex.
Nice job on the Fried Rice as well...JJ

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Any chance you throw the recipe for the soup in here. My wife loves that at hibachi restaurants
I too am interested in the Soup. Looks good sans Shrooms as it is.

Still waiting on the exact recipe from the wife but this is it almost to a T.

Very good!

Asian soups and stocks are simple YET surprisingly hard to master. I am clueless to japanese but have researched cantonese extensively and there are some caveats. First off american stocks are no go. Very different flavor profiles. IE no celery. I honestly believe lots of places make stock from scratch and is the main reason it is that good. I also believe they use these stocks in their dishes and not just soups. Instapot is the real trick for stocks. One of the best things I did was pick up boullion/base at an asian market so that is has the proper flavor. From here there are some semi exotic additions. Flounder powder is one common is soup. Asian chicken base is semi secret ingredient for fried rice BTW.

Asian Chicken Base as in a powder, paste or liquid concentrate. Lots of take out joints must use the same Bases. Wonton Soup Broth, Egg Drop Soup taste Indentical in several different restaurants. Whould love to know the secret...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky