Questions on building a smoke generator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chaser

Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Anyone have a good plan for building a smoke generator for a fridge smoker?   I prefer to make one instead of buying a pre build mostly for the sake of doing it myself any tips would be appreciated

I hope someone chips in with some actual experience but the forum is pretty slow today.  I guess everyone is at the NC gathering or at Jazz Fest.  All I can do for you in the mean time is suggest you type "smoke generator" in search.  I saw several options that might work for you.  If you find something you like we may be able to help you a bit more
"

I have experimented with several smoke generator designs over the years. The only one that I am really satisfied is one I build that is loosely based on a design used in many pellet stoves and grills to auger chips or pellets from an outside hopper into the smoker.

It has a metal box on the outside of the smoker that houses a electric motor, timer, a hopper for wood pellets and an auger.

The auger moves the pellets into a chamber inside my smoker. The inner chamber has a heating element that keeps the pellets smoldering. The ashes fall into a box where they can be removed periodicly. The smoker is electric and has a separate heating element that actually does the heating.

I am in the process of making some drawings so I can post them on this forum. See the thread "Blanket Warmer Build" in "other builds"

SmokingMeatForums.com  › Forums  › Smoking Supplies & Equipment  › Smoker Builds  › Other Builds

Last edited:
I built a replica of the smoke daddy and then bought the Amps and see now that I wasted my time making my own,.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky