Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

French toast or pancakes

• French toast

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Pancakes

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like both and waffles but french toast is king. Rarely makes breakfst but will run it for dinner now and then. We always change it up tho. Sometimes homefries and bacon, sometimes a big old batch of scrambled eggs and rye toast with PB, sometimes eggs benedict and asparagus. We had a SERIOUS McMuffin phase. My pancakes are decent and could be better but got french toast pretty much perfected. Yes, Texas toast for sure but add some flour to thicken the batter a little.

Personally, I am not a big fan of either. Tracy however loves both so I make both on a regular basis. Just give me some pure maple syrup and a pile of my homemade bacon and I'm ok with whatever she wants :emoji_wink:

Robert

Didnt even think about the syrup. I use Kings syrup. I think most of the older would remember this brand. When I was small it came in a can, now a plastic bottle.

Well, before I had issues with gluten French toast cooked crisp on the outside, but gooey on the inside would be my choice.

Neither here as well personally… but my wife would happily take either French toast or pancakes!

Pancakes made with masa harina . Topped with salted butter .

1675860900257.jpeg
or better yet , Masa harina waffle sandwich .
1675861094877.jpeg

My pancakes are decent and could be better
If you haven't tried it , my Daughter adds sour cream to her pancakes .

chopsaw chopsaw Always 1 step ahead of me... Ever hear of the Monte Cristo sandwich? Ham and cheese sandwich made with french toast bread. Masa addition sounds great. I tried using some corn meal before and no dice. Tried lots of scratch buttermilk recipes and no better than Aunt Jemima. I think I made AJ with some sour cream and was decent. Seems like the harder I try the worse I get.

Reactions: chopsaw
I'm mostly a hearty breakfast eater - eggs, hashbrowns, with either bacon or breakfast sausage...maybe a biscuit. But occasionally I get a hankering for pancakes, although more often than not it's for dinner - not breakfast.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky