Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I purchased AC LEGG smoke flavor seasoning and I thought that I was ordering the smoked sausage seasoning, Anyone ever used it in sausage is my question I don't want to mess up 10#s

Yeap, looks like you bought powdered smoke, and not a sausage seasoning blend.
It's the first time I've seen this product.
Thank you sir I appreciate it, I'm not going to use it until I find out more about it.

Thank you sir I appreciate it, I'm not going to use it until I find out more about it.
Dan has you covered . The 8 oz . package does 100 pounds of meat .
I recently bought some mesquite powder that has a smokey taste to it . I bought it to use in rubs , and it works great for that .
Figure out the math and get a per pound amount for a small batch of sausage .

Reactions: Biggy1
Sounds interesting. I've used liquid smoke in a couple of sausages because about all I make anymore is fresh.
If it's the same as the liquid, just a little dab will do you....

Reactions: Biggy1
it is NOT the same as liquid smoke !! its much stronger , a couple of years ago i ran across " powdered smoke " on amazon and decided to try it , its good stuff , be you have to experiment with the amounts , add it to your sausage when your adding the seasoning and IF you get the right amount it will taste just like you smoked the sausage on your smoker

I purchased AC LEGG smoke flavor seasoning and I thought that I was ordering the smoked sausage seasoning, Anyone ever used it in sausage is my question I don't want to mess up 10#s

it is NOT the same as liquid smoke !! its much stronger , a couple of years ago i ran across " powdered smoke " on amazon and decided to try it , its good stuff , be you have to experiment with the amounts , add it to your sausage when your adding the seasoning and IF you get the right amount it will taste just like you smoked the sausage on your smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky