Question asked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Was asked if there has ever before been 2 SMF gatherings on the same weekend.
This past weekend we had one in Tenn. at Jakes and one in Pa. at IH1026.
How many places has there been a gathering held?

Warren

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't recall a Double in the 10 years I've been here. One of the Admins my know...JJ

I've been here just over 8 years and don't think I've ever seen two on the same weekend. I do know that Jake and Dillon discussed the dates for theirs and agreed that there would be no conflict due to the distance between the two gatherings. As they gain in popularity, which seems to be happening, there may come a time that it happens there will be two scheduled on the same weekend. Hopefully if that does occur, the two people hosting the events will do as Jake and Dillon did and discuss the logistics and potential conflict. Need to check the dates for the NC gathering coming up and the Fall PA gathering to see if travel plans may permit attending both. After seeing Dillon's event last weekend, it just looked like an incredible time.

Robert

Much like tx smoker tx smoker said....If two gatherings were scheduled for the same weekend as long as they weren't in close proximity there should be no conflict. And if there was a conflict hopefully we can all be adults and resolve it.
Jim

Reactions: MJB05615
I don't remember there ever being two the same weekend until last weekend but as more people host them it is bound to happen more times. Discussing it with the other host/hosts is good and if they aren't close to each other shouldn't be a problem. In the end it's really up to the members to work together to try to make all the Gatherings great events that can be attended by the most members instead of having to choose one over another. We may host SMF and members may plan and discuss Gatherings and we may allow and feature threads about them SMF doesn't actually host the event or have any say with where and when they are. We will of course try to give anyone interested in hosting one all the advice we can as several of us have hosted multiple events.

Was asked if there has ever before been 2 SMF gatherings on the same weekend.
This past weekend we had one in Tenn. at Jakes and one in Pa. at IH1026.
How many places has there been a gathering held?

Warren
I never seen anything about the Pa one. Tenn made the carousel
Richie

As Piney said as we have more gatherings, there are bound to be conflicts. I think if each of the organizers get together & talk it out it could be settled immediately. Of course if one is in Cali & the other one is in Florida on the same day I don’t see a problem with that.
Al

I never seen anything about the Pa one.

They posted it in the thread announcing the gathering as opposed to starting a new thread. Pics are on pages 5 and 6 I believe...and it looked like an incredible time!!

Of course if one is in Cali & the other one is in Florida on the same day I don’t see a problem with that.

So when are you hosting one Al?? :emoji_laughing: I'd go to FL for that!!

Robert

They posted it in the thread announcing the gathering as opposed to starting a new thread. Pics are on pages 5 and 6 I believe...and it looked like an incredible time!!

Robert
The South Florida gathering is only about 3 miles from my house, it’s a great gathering & one of the largest. Unfortunately I have some immune issues & can’t be in a close group. But maybe by next year I will be ok’d to be with people again. I miss all the guys & would love to go to next years gathering.
Al

Robert
The events page shows it as Oct 2020 I wonder how many others missed it
Thank You

I never seen anything about the Pa one. Tenn made the carousel
Richie
The events page shows it as Oct 2020 I wonder how many others missed it
Thank You

There was one in PA the same weekend as the one in TN and it was featured before the event.

The PA Gathering in Oct 2020 was also featured before it took place.

I believe every Gathering that has been held there has been a thread about it featured before the event took place

Reactions: HalfSmoked
There was one in PA the same weekend as the one in TN and it was featured before the event.

The PA Gathering in Oct 2020 was also featured before it took place.

I believe every Gathering that has been held there has been a thread about it featured before the event took place
I must have missed it sorry.
Richie

There was no conflict of interest between the 2 gatherings. The question was asked as these 2 at the same time set a mile stone of things to come as more areas have gatherings. Maybe some day there will be a large gathering for all SMF members.

Warren

There was no conflict of interest between the 2 gatherings. The question was asked as these 2 at the same time set a mile stone of things to come as more areas have gatherings. Maybe some day there will be a large gathering for all SMF members.

Warren

Warren every Gathering I've seen on SMF has been for all SMF members or at least the host has said all members are invited. I hope to start having the North Florida Gathering again next year in April. We've had people come from all over attend in the past South Africa, California, Indiana, Arizona, and lots of other places. Hopefully we get them from all over to attend again once we get it back going. I've had to take a few years off from hosting them due to health problems but hopefully that's all done with and we can resume.
Gatherings are a great time and I recommend anyone that has a chance to attend one do so.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky