Question about Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MikeJ1957

Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
I have a cheap, Brinkman smoker I got from Home Depot. I love it.. cheap, simple. They are no longer making them and thinking of moving up to a Masterbuilt. I have a friend who has one and I do not like the BBQ he makes as much as mine. Does not seem to have enough smoke flavor. The Masterbuilt seems to be the most economical option but no point in buying if it does not do as well as my Brinkmann which I am very happy with. The Brinkmann does not do well though with cold and/or windy days... 12 hours and butt still not up to 195... not even 185

any thoughts or ideas? Pretty much set on the idea of another electric smoker.

I recommend going with a smoker from Smokin-it. It has fiberglass insulation, full stainless steel inside and including the racks. 3 year warranty on the smoker and 1 year on the PID controller. Very reliable. Check out their site.

Does your friend use the chip tray or an Amazen Pellet Smoking tray?

With the AMNPS I get exactly what I want from smoke flavor and never have to worry about "dirty smoke".

Wind isn't an issue, and I don't think cold weather (I don't have first hand experience) is either, they are built very tight.

I recommend going with a smoker from Smokin-it. It has fiberglass insulation, full stainless steel inside and including the racks. 3 year warranty on the smoker and 1 year on the PID controller. Very reliable. Check out their site.
thanks... look pretty industrial but who cares.. I want good product coming at the end.

Does your friend use the chip tray or an Amazen Pellet Smoking tray?

With the AMNPS I get exactly what I want from smoke flavor and never have to worry about "dirty smoke".

Wind isn't an issue, and I don't think cold weather (I don't have first hand experience) is either, they are built very tight.
He only uses the small thing that came with the smoker... I am looking at it now.. do pellets work better than chunks? best I have ever seen is a tree I cut down and chunked up and used green

I have a cheap, Brinkman smoker I got from Home Depot. I love it.. cheap, simple. They are no longer making them and thinking of moving up to a Masterbuilt. I have a friend who has one and I do not like the BBQ he makes as much as mine. Does not seem to have enough smoke flavor. The Masterbuilt seems to be the most economical option but no point in buying if it does not do as well as my Brinkmann which I am very happy with. The Brinkmann does not do well though with cold and/or windy days... 12 hours and butt still not up to 195... not even 185

any thoughts or ideas? Pretty much set on the idea of another electric smoker.

What kind of Brinkmann is it?

Totally digging (make that LOVE) my MES30. Used it a bunch of times in cold weather and no issues at all! I was very apprehensive. I making the best cue ever all winter due to this site turning me onto the the AMNPS! MES+AMPS is hard to beat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky