Quanity and Resizing Charts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hampden, MA
Here is one that has made the rounds a time or two before with sides added.

Don't know if it is a better mousetrap as much as just a different one.

On edit: I did not design it, I just pass it around as people have an interest or question.......so don't aske me if you have problems with it. LOL I am just the middleman.

Folks, I combined a couple of threads to help you with those big cooking events and even the small ones.

Of the two links posted, I use the one posted by Joe the most. All I need to do is enter in the number of guests, number of meats and sides and the chart does the hard part for me.

I am planning on making pulled pork sandwiches for a group. The catering chart lists 5.33 oz per sandwich for pulled pork. Does that seem pretty accurate? Also, does it seem pretty accurate to count on the meat weighing 55% of the original weight after cooking?

Thanks!

Mike

I do 4 oz per sammie an that has always been more en enough on a cheap white bun, folk always comment its alotta meat.

I figure 50% loss on butts, sometimes it ain't that much, but better safe then sorry. So, take the weight a yer precooked butt, cut that in half, devide that pound weight by 4 an it'll tell ya how many sammies that butt gonna give ya. In other words, yer gonna get 4 4oz sammies from each cooked pound a pork butt.

I bought 4 oz scoopers ta besure were servin 4 oz a meat on each sammie.

Thanks for that link,

I appreciate it!

Beats paper, pen and my calculator
icon_lol.gif

Don

Thanks for the spreadsheet file!

Now when I need to figger out how to do it... expect a 2 a.m. telephone call
icon_twisted.gif

Don

This spreadsheat is in xls format. I can read excel but it is not funtional just read only. I wondered if there was one in a different file format?
Rick

Dutch:
I do the planning and some cooking for our church's men's group dinners, breakfasts, etc. There are times I could use the big chart that shows portions and costs etc. (Joe's chart) I can't get it to work for me can you e-mail and tell me how to make it work and do its thing?
Thanks for any help,
Bob Stevens
[email protected]

Bob, I'll have to transfer it from my laptop to my thumbdrive and then I'll email it to you. Laptop isn't set up for internet usage.

Wow, this thread has some great info. My wife and I teach cooking to 4 H kids and do some charity events. The recipie resizer is going to be killer for us. We have a rehersal dinner coming up in our back yard for 50 next month. Thanks to all who shared here

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky