Quanity and Resizing Charts

Discussion in 'Catering & Large Group Gatherings' started by fatback joe, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mctrick

mctrick Fire Starter

2. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Here is one that has made the rounds a time or two before with sides added.

Don't know if it is a better mousetrap as much as just a different one.

On edit: I did not design it, I just pass it around as people have an interest or question.......so don't aske me if you have problems with it. LOL I am just the middleman.
    [​IMG]

3. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Folks, I combined a couple of threads to help you with those big cooking events and even the small ones.

Of the two links posted, I use the one posted by Joe the most. All I need to do is enter in the number of guests, number of meats and sides and the chart does the hard part for me.

4. mginani

mginani Newbie

I am planning on making pulled pork sandwiches for a group. The catering chart lists 5.33 oz per sandwich for pulled pork. Does that seem pretty accurate? Also, does it seem pretty accurate to count on the meat weighing 55% of the original weight after cooking?

Thanks!

Mike

5. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I do 4 oz per sammie an that has always been more en enough on a cheap white bun, folk always comment its alotta meat.

I figure 50% loss on butts, sometimes it ain't that much, but better safe then sorry. So, take the weight a yer precooked butt, cut that in half, devide that pound weight by 4 an it'll tell ya how many sammies that butt gonna give ya. In other words, yer gonna get 4 4oz sammies from each cooked pound a pork butt.

I bought 4 oz scoopers ta besure were servin 4 oz a meat on each sammie.

6. mginani

mginani Newbie

Thanks! Thats very helpful.

Mike

7. smokestars

smokestars Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Thanks for that link,

I appreciate it!

Beats paper, pen and my calculator [​IMG]

Don

8. smokestars

smokestars Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the spreadsheet file!

Now when I need to figger out how to do it... expect a 2 a.m. telephone call [​IMG] .....

Don

9. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Is there a Word Doc spreadsheet that does this? MS works or something.
    Thanks

10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rick is this what you looking for?
    [​IMG]

11. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This spreadsheat is in xls format. I can read excel but it is not funtional just read only. I wondered if there was one in a different file format?
    Rick

12. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rick I sent you a PM

13. rrsteve

rrsteve Fire Starter

Dutch:
    I do the planning and some cooking for our church's men's group dinners, breakfasts, etc. There are times I could use the big chart that shows portions and costs etc. (Joe's chart) I can't get it to work for me can you e-mail and tell me how to make it work and do its thing?
    Thanks for any help,
    Bob Stevens
    [email protected]

14. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Bob, I'll have to transfer it from my laptop to my thumbdrive and then I'll email it to you. Laptop isn't set up for internet usage.

15. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow, this thread has some great info. My wife and I teach cooking to 4 H kids and do some charity events. The recipie resizer is going to be killer for us. We have a rehersal dinner coming up in our back yard for 50 next month. Thanks to all who shared here

16. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

The link to the recipe resizer is great thanks... [​IMG]

17. It's just what I was looking for. Great Link and great thread! [​IMG]

18. soezzy

soezzy Newbie

Here's a later version this is the .xls catering planner 3.06.xls and here's the .zip catering planner 3.06.zip

For those that don't want to pay for Microsoft office, here is a link to Open Office a freebie office suite, openoffice.org/ there are lots of corrections and improvements, there are also Canadian version available for those that want or need them.