Put some nice legs and wheels on my smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

R Blum

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 19, 2017
Michigan
I decided to make my smoker more mobile so I added on this old office chair bottom. Worked out great just needs a little tweeking to make it stand up straighter. Also mounted my cold smoker unit to it. I use this smoke unit for all my smoking whether cold or hot smoking. I never use the chip loader. This gives me plenty of smoke unlike using the chip loader which more or less only really smokes when the heater element is on. I added a control unit (third picture) for the cold smoker which I use on high to get the chip going good then I can turn it down to medium or low and it makes my chips go a long ways. Hope you like the picture.
upload_2018-2-26_20-39-17.png
upload_2018-2-26_20-39-49.png
upload_2018-2-26_20-40-16.png
upload_2018-2-26_20-40-40.png

Attachments

• P2260004.JPG
    P2260004.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P2260004.JPG
    P2260004.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Rings Я Us
Interesting idea.
Is it pretty stable when rolling it about?
With my luck, the wind would catch it 5 minutes to done and blow it in the pool. :mad:

No wheels on mine. So it sets on bricks, covered with the John McLemore Signature Series custom cover. (The box with a big trash bag and a brick.) Lowe's doesn't carry covers here. :confused:

Interesting idea.
Is it pretty stable when rolling it about?
With my luck, the wind would catch it 5 minutes to done and blow it in the pool. :mad:

No wheels on mine. So it sets on bricks, covered with the John McLemore Signature Series custom cover. (The box with a big trash bag and a brick.) Lowe's doesn't carry covers here. :confused:

It's actually very stable. I was a little worried about it falling over at first, but it worked out well.

Does it tilt and elevate for easy loading and unloading?

(Now I'm pullin your leg...)
Glad it has worked out. ;)

Believe it or not it can go up and down, just like an office chair. I have it at the lowest setting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky