Pumpkin bread cooling. Need quick advice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
So I made a couple of loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It's a recipe I have used a bunch of times before. In the past I let it cool completely on a wire rack which usually took a couple of hours. I would then slice it (or sometimes not) and store in an airtight container (not in the fridge) and it would stay moist and delicious for 4-5 days. Problem is... It's already late and I want to go to bed. Can it sit on the counter overnight without any ill effects? I get up fairly early, around 5:45 and I can cover it up then. Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.

-Chris

So I made a couple of loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It's a recipe I have used a bunch of times before. In the past I let it cool completely on a wire rack which usually took a couple of hours. I would then slice it (or sometimes not) and store in an airtight container (not in the fridge) and it would stay moist and delicious for 4-5 days. Problem is... It's already late and I want to go to bed. Can it sit on the counter overnight without any ill effects? I get up fairly early, around 5:45 and I can cover it up then. Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.

-Chris
Cover it with a dry tea towel and get some sleep!

-Chris
Just send it to me, I'll take care of it for you!

-Chris
Chris you have to know by now 
Rules.gif

worthless.gif

Recipes are for sharing

Happy T-Day Bud

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky