Pulled pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Put it on at midnight and foiled it at 8 am put in cooler till lunch. It should have been foiled at 6 but missed my alarm lol. Turned out well tho. How do people do pork butts? I injected with apple cider and rub. Then rubbed the outside. Put on at 220 degrees.

Looks good, Kelton. Asking a question like how guys do pork butts is sure to get numerous different answers, but all will probably be worth trying.

I rub mine the night before using a home made rub that isn't that dissimilar to Jeffs rub, put them on early in the morning fat cap up. Once they hit 100 degrees, I spritz with apple juice and Capt. Morgan rum mix about once every 45 minutes. At IT 165 I foil and add a little mix to the pan and back into the smoker till IT 195. Then rest in a cooler wrapped in towels for at least an hour. Most of the time from start to cooler takes about 12-13 hours. The key is monitoring IT. But that's just my 2 cents.

Happy Smoking,

Mark

Yours Looks Fine, Kelton!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Here's how I do them:

Link:

Pulled Boston Pork Butt         

Bear

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a drizzly and gloomy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots          of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Looks good to me

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky