Pulled pork with a German touch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazzycajun

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2007
wichita ks
Okay this isn’t necessary earth shattering but I pulled out some leftover pp from last month we were out of lunch stuff in the fridge. As I was trying to decide on sides to go with it hit me,we had no potato salad, coleslaw, etc. I heated up a small bowl of pp 30sec then Mixed fajitas mustard bbq sauce then another 30 sec. on a bun topped with homemade saurktaut, candied jalapeño it was like the german cousin to Carolina style. Tried it the same way with spicy beer mustard it was good but not as good. I have a recipe of a finishing sauce but has purée jalapeño in it I will have to try. Not much on pics but I will update this next time I make it from the beginning I should of added onions

Attachments

• 0DDBEDF8-644B-434E-8F23-A1E955E34FFD.jpeg
    0DDBEDF8-644B-434E-8F23-A1E955E34FFD.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 19
It is always a good day when you discover a new and exciting flavor sensation.

At least it is for me. :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

JC :emoji_cat:

Sounds like an interesting and tasty combo of flavors! I’d never considered kraut on pulled pork, now that you’ve said it I’m astounded I don’t see it more often!

Looks awesome!
Great idea!
We do the same thing a couple of times a week.
Just take what we have on hand & make a meal out of it.
Most of the time it’s pretty good, but occasionally you have a meal for the fish & turtles out back.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky