Pulled Pork Tater-tot Natchos!! (say that 3 times fast)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Was stumped on what to make for dinner - didn't want to make same old pulled pork sandwiches, so got a little creative.

The fix-ins: Sweet Baby Rays Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce, chopped up a red onion, some Famous Dave's Original spicy pickles, and grated some mozzarella and sharp white cheddar cheese.

The pork! Heated up 1 lb. of frozen vacuum sealed pulled pork I found in the back of the freezer.

I cooked up a bag of tater-tots (cooked them extra crispy), then topped them with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and the cheese. Then put it back in the oven under the broiler.

After the broiler!
drool.gif

Topped it off with a little ranch dressing, onions, and pickles!

.... if you ain't drooling you need new taste buds!

.... the dog trying to convince me she's underfed and needs a plate of her own.... lol

Definitely a keeper! That came out soooo good whole family loved it!

Thanks for looking,

Johnny

Definitely a meal I'd eat, but in AZ we call them Totchos
Totchos..... I like it, I'll have to remember that one... lol

What are you snowed-in in August??

Talk about cleaning out a refer!!

Looks pretty good man!
LOL.... were gonna be gone on vacation for a week so trying not to buy to many groceries.

JIR, Great looking meal,almost like a US version of Canadian poutine ! 
points.gif
Thanks - yeah I have heard of poutine, but never had a chance to try it. Anything with gravy is bound to be good though!

Good stuff Johnny!

I could eat that whole plate!

Point!

Al
Thanks Al, I was actually wishing I had more after I finished off the plate... lol.

Holy Pulled Pork batman!!!!! Dang nab it man that looks good, - Great job ,,, will have to give them a try

DS

Substitute the tater tots for tortilla chips, the mozzarella and white cheddar for yellow cheddar, and the onions & pickles for optional jalapeñoes (I didn't have them). And you get this [emoji]128070[/emoji]

I forgot I said it three times fast and nothing happened? Wasn't there supposed to be some totchos appearing in front of me!:biggrin:

Oh my that looks so good, going to have to try that, my wife would LOVE that !  Me too  hehehe

Thanks for that one !

Looks Delish !

Substitute the tater tots for tortilla chips, the mozzarella and white cheddar for yellow cheddar, and the onions & pickles for optional jalapeñoes (I didn't have them). And you get this [emoji]128070[/emoji]
Yeah my goal was to go more for the flavors I would put on a pulled pork sandwich vs. the flavor of traditional nachos. Thus the BBQ sauce and pickles - it really did work quite well was like eating a cheesy open face pulled pork sandwich.

Yeah my goal was to go more for the flavors I would put on a pulled pork sandwich vs. the flavor of traditional nachos. Thus the BBQ sauce and pickles - it really did work quite well was like eating a cheesy open face pulled pork sandwich.
Has me droolin looking at the pics and thinking of the flavor combinations, cannot wait to try it !!!!!

Thanks for the idea, JIR! Those look fantastic! I make pork nachos all the time but never thought to try tater tots. I just happen to have a couple bags of PP in the freezer I just smoked last weekend. We WILL be trying this this weekend, for sure.

Thanks for the idea, JIR! Those look fantastic! I make pork nachos all the time but never thought to try tater tots. I just happen to have a couple bags of PP in the freezer I just smoked last weekend. We WILL be trying this this weekend, for sure.
I was thinking the very same thing , brother!

I meant to quote CoolSh17 and can't figure out how to delete this.....LOL! I'm not too computer literate...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky