Pulled Pork so easy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firstrowjoe

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 5, 2014
2 Boston butts about 4.5 lb each. Yellow mustard and rub the night before. More rub halfway through cook because I flip them at 6 hours when I use a pan set up. Easy clean up. 2 cups of water only in the pan. 225 temp smoke 10/high and never touched it. 2 AMAZN smoke tubes. Mixed char hickory with 100% hickory. About 12 hours or well into the stall. I covered and put in 375 oven for about an hour and a half or 205 - 210 and the bone pulls out easily. Rest/cool/pull/vacuum pack. Now you have pulled pork ready to go.

Attachments

• 0BFFB222-2391-4AF9-9EDB-935ABDC63446.jpeg
    0BFFB222-2391-4AF9-9EDB-935ABDC63446.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 746A3B78-6D44-4C0E-8F23-12D41F1E0F79.jpeg
    746A3B78-6D44-4C0E-8F23-12D41F1E0F79.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 9E50BBAD-1C84-479C-ABEB-C311211858D3.jpeg
    9E50BBAD-1C84-479C-ABEB-C311211858D3.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 0A85E60C-CE6C-4C66-8441-7E36FD7A31C7.jpeg
    0A85E60C-CE6C-4C66-8441-7E36FD7A31C7.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 94
  • E0FD03CF-3D50-4FB3-B661-BA8931C61620.jpeg
    E0FD03CF-3D50-4FB3-B661-BA8931C61620.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 55B010DC-69C0-4956-8BBC-E7AE5F34FD6B.jpeg
    55B010DC-69C0-4956-8BBC-E7AE5F34FD6B.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 065EB786-18CB-4C40-B91C-2097C5D8A940.jpeg
    065EB786-18CB-4C40-B91C-2097C5D8A940.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 86
Looks great Joe and how do you like the MM Hickory Smoke ?
And is that Evel Knievel prepping for a jump over the PP ?
Ha, yep that’s the holy grail of toys from 1973. The MM is stout so just a dusting on the raw meat with a bunch of the traeger coffee and Lillie’s Carolina dirt. I added some to the pulled pork (to taste) and about a cup of blues hog Tennessee red. Then packaged what we didn’t eat right out of the pan. Super good!!

Looks like perfect pulled pork! Nice work, had to be so tasty! Did you use finishing sauce? Man, I have to find my old Evel Knievel, that was my favorite toy!

Looks like perfect pulled pork! Nice work, had to be so tasty! Did you use finishing sauce? Man, I have to find my old Evel Knievel, that was my favorite toy!
I pulled them and added a dusting of MM hickory salt and a cup or so of Blues Hog Tennessee Red. I didn’t use a mop on the smoker at all. I’m still experimenting with the hickory salt. It is very very strong so go easy if you try it. Is it a rub? Is it a dry brine? Is it something you set on the table like table salt? Jury is out on that. I only spritz with water a few times during cook.

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great Joe, And lots of nice flavors.
I was always thinking , should I do a PP . But always said too much meat for the 2 of us.
Don't know what I was thinking, package it up and freeze. bring out when needed.
I do it with my Back Bacon and Breakfast ham slices.

Sometimes just need others to do the thinking for me, lol

Thanks for the push, on my list for this fall
Thanks

David

Looks great Joe, And lots of nice flavors.
I was always thinking , should I do a PP . But always said too much meat for the 2 of us.
Don't know what I was thinking, package it up and freeze. bring out when needed.
I do it with my Back Bacon and Breakfast ham slices.

Sometimes just need others to do the thinking for me, lol

Thanks for the push, on my list for this fall
Thanks

David
My game watching friends always want BBQ but don’t understand the that there is planning. Ha, so I even vac pack ribs and they are amazing simply thawed, microwaved and pop a top on your favorite bbq sauce.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The pork looks good. Some collector would pay Big $$$ for the Evel Knievel Toy.

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking Cut a Butt in Thirds. The all meat Money Muscle side makes an amazing Cottage Ham. Perfection in a Boiled Supper. The middle meat for BBB or cut into Mini Steaks, sauteed with Onions or Smothered. The Bone-in third, smoke for pulling...JJ

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The pork looks good. Some collector would pay Big $$$ for the Evel Knievel Toy.

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking Cut a Butt in Thirds. The all meat Money Muscle side makes an amazing Cottage Ham. Perfection in a Boiled Supper. The middle meat for BBB or cut into Mini Steaks, sauteed with Onions or Smothered. The Bone-in third, smoke for pulling...JJ
Thanks……the Evel Knievel toy is a reproduction at $39.95 or maybe $59.95 on sale. California Creations, evelknieveltoys.com or cacreations.net, or check out on fb, YouTube. The original I had had a red hyper tank but the only difference.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
DRKsmoking DRKsmoking DRKsmoking DRKsmoking Cut a Butt in Thirds. The all meat Money Muscle side makes an amazing Cottage Ham. Perfection in a Boiled Supper. The middle meat for BBB or cut into Mini Steaks, sauteed with Onions or Smothered. The Bone-in third, smoke for pulling...JJ

Now that sounds like a great plan Chef JJ. The mini steaks with the onions is a good plan

Thank you

David

Reactions: chef jimmyj
My game watching friends always want BBQ but don’t understand the that there is planning. Ha, so I even vac pack ribs and they are amazing simply thawed, microwaved and pop a top on your favorite bbq sauce.

Joe very smart , and that's what I should start doing with a few of my larger smokes/cooks . Plus with just the 2 of us most times .
I keep telling my self I don't have to eat it all right away. So vac pack and freeze , it will be. Sometimes I just can't help myself, it's there
so it means it must be eaten...lol

David

Reactions: firstrowjoe
Now that sounds like a great plan Chef JJ. The mini steaks with the onions is a good plan

Thank you

David

Jimmy has the good idea for a 3 piece-split!
Or You can Cut a Butt in 2, and make "Buckboard Bacon" with the Fatty top half, and make some "Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham" out of the More Lean bottom half.

Step by Step:
Buckboard Bacon and Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky