Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Meal for Montana Dish 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I had a group of friends come up from Montana for a bonspiel. If you know people from Montana, you know what great people they are and that they deserve a find meal. This and the next few posts are a chronicle of the meal I made for them.

The main dish was Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I had done a pulled pork the week before and froze it as I wanted to have time to visit my friends.

I thawed it and spread it out in a roasting pan. I poured 50 ml (1/4 cup) of my finishing sauce on it and tossed. The finishing sauce is:

• 50 ml (1/4 cup) cider vinegar
  • 15 ml (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
  • 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) black pepper
  • 1/2 ml (1/8 teaspoon) cayenne
Koss SMF 23.jpg

I covered it with foil and put it in a 230 smoker for 2 hours.

Koss SMF 24.jpg
Koss SMF 07.jpg

I made caramelized onions (next post).

Koss SMF 25.jpg
I put Sweet Baby Rays and a new sauce I found on social media, Koss Sauce on the table. I really like the Koss Sauce on the pulled pork. It starts with a nice tart hit, smooths out sweet and leaves a nice warmth without burning.

The sandwiches were great!

Koss SMF 27.jpg

Disco

Reactions: griz400
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky