Pulled Pork Picnic with Q-View in a MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hotburn76

Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Findlay, Ohio
Just put this little boneless picnic in a few minutes ago.  Its only 2.5 lbs so hopefully its not an all nighter.  Its only me and the wife and I would like to smoke more and refigerate less.  The first boston butt was kinda big for me and took a lot of time to eat up.  Hopefully this little guy taste great and makes it so I can smoke more often. 

Will post pics as I get them.  Here is going in, has a store bought rub on it.

6d6cfe01_IMAG0199.jpg

Nice evening snack!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Craig

Thanks guys!  I was also curious, is it better to do Q-Views live as they happen, or save up the pics and post all at once?  What is the way you guys do it?  Just realized some guys may click to view, only to see a piece of raw pork. 

Thanks guys!  I was also curious, is it better to do Q-Views live as they happen, or save up the pics and post all at once?  What is the way you guys do it?  Just realized some guys may click to view, only to see a piece of raw pork. 

That's one of those---"It doesn't matter" things.

Some great ones are posted live, as it happens.

I don't like to do that. I like to get it done, compose everything, and put the whole thing down at once, without comments in between. That makes it soooo much easier to follow, and if you want to try it just like the guy who posted it, you don't have to jump all over the place to figure out what he did where & when.

But like I said, "Do it whichever way you feel comfortable".

Bear

Thanks for the advice Bear, next time I think I am just gonna save the pics and do it all at once.  Mainly for the reason you gave of it being hard to follow.  Any ways, the idea of a small piece going quickly is not turning out to be as quick as I thought.  I just hit the 165 mark and wrapped it, looks like this is going to be a late night!

2f7cf802_IMAG0201.jpg

He's so cute! I don't think there will be leftovers. You gotta get the inside of that smoker coated with some nasty stuff. It's too clean.  
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good looking progress and to be honest I agree with Bear on the progress pics thing.  Show me the money the first time, there are too many threads for us to go back and read twice

Looks like you're coming along just fine.  As far as being able to use up a larger butt, I just smoked four of them (32 pounds) last weekend and it's just my wife and I.  This stuff freezes very well and right now I have 13 fairly large packages in the freezer. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Here is the final out come.  This pic was taken with it cold.  Pulled it out close to one in the morning and let it cool a little, then put it straight in the fridge.  It turned out great, and was nice and juicy.  I had read some on here that the picnic had a "hammy" taste and this one did for sure.  It had a nice smoke with the cherry chips and I think I like this better the the Boston Butt.  Will have to do a lot more smoking before I can be sure about it, but I am well pleased with this one.

8d9d5a8b_IMAG0204.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky