Pulled Pork Navy Bean soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 16, 2019
Brentwood CA
Made a riff on Senate Navy Bean Soup.
Used, chicken broth, added Rancho Gordo Ayocote Blanco Beans, bones from a pork shoulder I smoked a month ago with a ham hock. Instead of cubed ham I used some pulled pork. The rest was per recipe; onions, garlic, cloves, potatoes, apple cider vinegar.
Figured it would be good and man I was correct!
PP Bean soup 2.JPG

PP Bean soup 3.JPG

Nice, that looks outstanding and very hardy. I make a version with Great Northern beans with a similar recipe. As far as I know, Senate Bean Soup is still served daily.

Delicious, savory, stick to the bones looking stuff. Well done on the modifications.
I'm with Ray, pass the bread.

Thanks for all the likes and replies. Yes it was very hardy and tasty. Yes bread was added after the pic. I made a BIG pot so all my friends can enjoy also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky